Round table edge protector

Page 2 of 2

Vinyl strip stapled to the edge.
Add pictures here
✖
There is already a rubber strip, the vinyl would have to conform a bit, and go over the extisting.
Vinyl strip stapled to the edge.
Add pictures here
✖
That plastidip stuff looks fun. Have to do the edging out in the parking lot, and put down painters tarps. 25 tables to do.....
Edgemate edging is what you need, but it isn't super cheap. Master Mark Plastics sells a bunch of edging products but none as narrow as 1.5", but you could cut them.
Your best bet is to buy <http://www.plastidip.com/industrial_solutions/F820 , mask the top of the table, and apply it to the edges. It will be much cheaper than any of the plastic edging products, and of course it is much better than duct tape.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 17, 8:08 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Since it can be used as a dip, you might want to consider building a jig with a trough.
Something where you could mount the tables and then spin them through the trough, coating the first few inches, top and bottom.
I don't know if the product drips, but if it doesn't, a little time spent building the jig might make the coating of 25 tables easier and produce a more uniform outcome.
Maybe a length of gutter just a bit longer than the circumference of the tables. Lift them into the gutter and roll them along.
Add pictures here
✖
I'm guessing that I could put some kind of tape on, but rigging a dip tank is beyond what I can get permission to do.

Since it can be used as a dip, you might want to consider building a jig with a trough.
Something where you could mount the tables and then spin them through the trough, coating the first few inches, top and bottom.
I don't know if the product drips, but if it doesn't, a little time spent building the jig might make the coating of 25 tables easier and produce a more uniform outcome.
Maybe a length of gutter just a bit longer than the circumference of the tables. Lift them into the gutter and roll them along.
Add pictures here
✖

Who are you trying to impress? The Lord doesn't care what they look like. I suppose your church goers all wear their _Sunday best_ trying to impress each other.
You weekend Christians are all alike
Add pictures here
✖

Yeah, *real* Christians don't mind having their hands torn up or their cloths ripped by the jagged edges.
In fact, *real* Christians purposely neglect things so as to suffer more.
Me thinks (hopes?) that you are a troll. I'd hate to think that you really believe that SM wants to fix the tables just to impress the Lord.
Add pictures here
✖
I'd also hate to, but I did try to respond seriously.
Yeah, *real* Christians don't mind having their hands torn up or their cloths ripped by the jagged edges.
In fact, *real* Christians purposely neglect things so as to suffer more.
Me thinks (hopes?) that you are a troll. I'd hate to think that you really believe that SM wants to fix the tables just to impress the Lord.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 17, 7:40 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

I purposely left the seriousness for you.
Add pictures here
✖
You're so kind. And, I guess you knew just where to come, for a bit of seriousness. Seriously.

I purposely left the seriousness for you.
Add pictures here
✖
Jim Q. wrote:

And you know whether the Lord cares exactly how?

Maybe. I always thought dressing your best was a mark of civility and respect. What do you wear to church?

Well, yeah, they go to Church on the week-end. What do you do?
Add pictures here
✖
Jim Q. wrote:

And you know whether the Lord cares exactly how?
CY: When the sun shines after church? When the crows crap on the cars?

Maybe. I always thought dressing your best was a mark of civility and respect. What do you wear to church?
CY: I suspect he wears overalls, galoshes, and a straw hat?

Well, yeah, they go to Church on the week-end. What do you do?
CY: Sports games, and beer?
Add pictures here
✖
No one. I'm trying to smooth the edges, so peoples hands don't get hurt. While they are rolling the tables.
I'm aparently not like the people you've already met.
And, I don't wear my sunday best to impress others.
Who are you trying to impress? The Lord doesn't care what they look like. I suppose your church goers all wear their _Sunday best_ trying to impress each other.
You weekend Christians are all alike
Add pictures here
✖
Ah, that proves it. This thread has reached maturity.
"I will sell no whine before its time"
Nazi pig
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 16, 3:23 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

You have been very vague as to the nature of the damage done to these tables... The PLASTIC tables have no "edging" on them, the edge of the table is rounded over and integral to the top -- it is all one single piece of plastic with all the metal leg frames and reinforcing frame attached directly to the single piece of the table...
How do you fix rough edges on these tables which have been worn down from being "rolled" on the floor:
First don't roll them around on a dirty floor... Don't roll them around on any flooring surface other than carpeting...
Second, sharp edges can be sanded down... You can then use either epoxy or automotive body filler to fill any holes... Sand the epoxy or automotive body filler smooth and stop rolling the tables around...
There is nothing you could buy to simply attach to the outer rim of these tables to repair the edge as there is no groove in them like the folding tables made out of particle board with either laminate or contact paper surfacing, there is no added "bumper" edge...
Two people can move a table more safely than one person rolling a table by themselves...
If you are finding it difficult to repair the tables, then perhaps you could simply purchase some heavy work gloves for people to use while handling the tables instead...
~~ Evan
Add pictures here
✖