roof repair suggestions

Page 2 of 2
Al roarke posted for all of us...

Look in the gutters, there may be enough there, especially after you get done mucking around.
--
Tekkie

On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 3:13:25 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:

I was so going to go there, but choose not to. Good on you!
In typed:

Thanks for the update. I watched the video, and I thought that it was helpful and it did give one option for a way to deal with your situation and your interest in seeing if you could resolve it with little expense and some DIY efforts. Unlike others here, I think that what you did was worth a try based on everything you wrote so far.
On the question of adding granules, you may not need to since the roof appears to be black so the black roofing cement that you used probably looks okay enough where it shows.
I do have a contractor friend who knows a lot about roofing and who doesn't charge a lot. I have used him for replacing shingles and other types of roof repairs and he basically just charges for his time plus the cost of materials. But, it sounds like you may have solved your problem for now and you can wait and see if you need to deal with it again in the future using a different approach. If it does turn out that you need to replace a section of shingles to fix the problem, it looks like you could probably get replacement shingles that will match fairly well (except for the fade factor) since your roof looks like it is a standard black color.
Good luck. Hope what you did works.