Rice Cooker Magnetic Switch Does Not Close

My small EZ Life 3-cup rice cooker has a problem with the magnetic switch. When I first plug it in, the switch engages, then disconnects after a few minutes, as indicated by the red on light going off. It does this without me turning the cooker on. Then when the light goes out, I press the switch and it makes momentary contact as indicated by the red light turning on. but the moment I remove my finger from the switch, the magnetic contact opens. I push the switch, the light turns on, but I remove my finger, the light goes off. Obviously, the magnetic switch is not attracting the metal contact point. The problem is the the rice is still uncooked so the magnet could not have reached its designed cutoff point.
Any ideas?

Time for a new cooker. Maybe check Consumer Reports or other rating possibilities for a better one. Good luck.
Joe
Filibogado wrote:

You have a magic finger?

...except it's not a finger.
On 2/2/2011 1:36 PM, Filibogado wrote:

I'd toss it and make rice the old way. How much simpler can it get?

Zojirushi.
nate