Replacing shower faucet

The 35-year-old faucet for my bathroom shower has a handle and a knob -- one adjusts the temperature; the other adjusts the pressure -- which have become very hard to turn.
Since parts are no longer available for my faucet, I'd like to replace it with a brand-new faucet.
However, all of the faucets at Home Depot and Lowes connect to 1/2" water pipes. However, the water supplied to my shower is via a 3/4" pipe.
The Home Depot guy said I'd have to open up the wall and replace the 3/4" pipes with 1/2" pipes. I'd prefer not doing that because the shower has a fiberglass surround and the other side of the wall is not accessible (cabinets, granite counter-tops, etc).
Does anyone know of any name-brand (i.e., Moen, Delta, American Standard, etc) faucets that fit 3/4" pipes?

Do you have room for a 3/4 to 1/2 reducer? If so that's an easy solution.

Unless you want to buy commercial taps which are very expensiv just use 3/4 to 1/2 fittings why do people waste there time with 3/4 when in most places the meter is 1/2 coming out and then restrictes the system to that flow rate and all taps are 9.5 ltrs a min output no matter what

A short restriction does not reduce the flow as much as a long restriction. The larger pipe results in better flow. Q.E.D.
Bob

14ltrs a min. How long would it take to fill a bath at 9.5ltrs a min?

How long would it take to fill a bath at 9.5ltrs a min?
Around 10 minutes more or less...
Joe

If your taps are 10 yrs or newer they are 9.5 by law this is standard for Meon Delta Amer Standerd Kohler. My tub fills just fine and the shower is good.

Are you sure that parts are no longer available?? What brand is the old faucet. I have been able to find parts for faucets over 50 years old.
JK