Replacing my AC system - and my head is spinning

Page 3 of 3

evaporator.
Ok, so let's cobble a new coil into an existing air handler...
I thought this guy wanted it done properly... or was it cheap?
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

I see. You would rather cobble one into a new air handler.
(You don't have to "cobble" anything if you don't want to.)

20-30
The new one is designed for the new coil. It also provides the correct blower for proper airflow requirements. It's an ARI matched system. It will likely give you a better warranty, efficiency and performance.
If you know anything, you know that it's hard enough to find a company to do quality work, now find one that will do it right on a multi-branded install!
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote: <snip>

We agree on that. There are many incompetents in the HVAC business, and it's almost impossible to tell the good from the bad before committing to a contractor.

One factor along with that, what if there is a problem next summer? If the system is not matched, there may be questions as to the cause and it is easy enough for the contractor to blame the old equipment and you pay in the end.

the
SF
summer.
would
room,
zones,
First, you don't size units based on square footage. Do a Manual J to figure the correct size for the space.

both
This shows that he's a complete idiot! As the installation is far more important than the brand name!

Bullshit, it's just the brand that they sell. I would take a (properly sized, installed and set-up) Janitrol unit over a Trane unit that's installed by a hack, anyday!

them
He
all
the
will
he
Post your model numbers and we'll see what you actually have now...

my
both
That's because it's the easiest thing to do...

Well shit, why would he care about your utility bills?

More bullshit...

"nonsense,
that
$600 that's it??? I'd run from this guy!

he
said
So he doesn't care about matching units? Run Forest Run!!!

the
Expansion coil (TXV) or the evaporator coil?
Either way, you have to make sure the air handler will move sufficient air for your new BIGGER unit!

more
Just sounds like more BS to me...

really
Again, post your model numbers...

condensers
of
requires
Now this guy just lied... so he's gone!

air
This started out good and then ends up in the same ole lie...

one
Post the make and models of your equipment and we'll see...

Rheem
They should be matched systems...

Most companies don't know the codes! :-(

BBB, what a joke!
Try a smaller shop... you'll normally get better results.

Do we have the make/models... or did you dissappear?