New Lennox AC system

Hi all, I am in the process of replacing a 20 year old Lennox pulse and 2 ton AC system. I require a downflow and Lennox makes a 3 stage one that will satisfy the Fed tax credit(G71). I have two quotes from local dealers with one using the XC 14 and the other using the XC15 AC unit. I have been looking and reading and wondered if anyone has an opinion on either. They seem to be pretty even except the quiet factor and extra price which the XC15 has a good edge. Thanks, Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Do you always start a reply by calling people names?? I agree that the pulse is a great unit, but I do need to replace AC coils and outside compressor system. The space it is in and the fact that the new coils are larger would require modifications that would almost cost the same as the G71. I will keep the Pulse for my garage.

Reply to
Jerry

They also forgot to mention that the Pulse has a bad history of cracked heat exchangers, leading to potential carbon monoxide poisoning. I have a client where I measured elevated CO readings and traced it back to the Pulse. Lennox is still offering aggressive rebates to people with Pulses that have this problem, so you'll want to have your HVAC company check into this to see if you qualify as it could save you a few thousand on a new unit.

Reply to
Ted-san

The Lennox dealers near me tell me they are out of Flappers, Individual Xhaust Damper. The new substitute is Bellows Adjuster Linear Limiting Switch.

So, if you can't get FIXD any more, you need to get a new set of BALLS.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon