Carrier or Lennox a/c?

I've gotten four quotes on installing a/c, quotes fall within $600 from lowest to highest and all the estimators came up with recommending the same size unit @ 1.5 ton with the newer coolant.

I have narrowed my choice to two companies, based on recommendations from this group and my initial meeting with the company rep. Both recommend a Carrier Comfort, with one offering Lennox Elite and the other offering Lennox Merit as alternate choices.

Any comments on the above machines? With relatively comparable prices, which would you put in your home?

I'd also appreciate general information on how often anyone has had to have their units serviced and an average cost per service call. One company is offering 10 year parts and labor on either unit, while the other company offers 10 years on the Carrier and 5 on the Lennox.

Thanks for your helpful comments.

Karen (Rochester NY area)

Reply to
dkhedmo

I have a 9 year old home with 3 separate systems, all Carrier and (knock wood) nothing has ever broken on any of them. Of course everything may be different now.

Reply to
Art

So, what were the prices? I'm also in Rochester area, and curious what others charge.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon