Replacement battery for an alarm system in Markham, Ontario?

Hello,
I have a central alarm system and the backup battery got bad. (the one I have now is E1250, a 12v 5ah sealed lead-acid)
Does anyone know who sells them in Markham, Ontario (Canada)?
Thanks.

There are some shops that specialize in batteries but I don't know if they are in your town. Youcan try www.mcmaster.com and go to page 706 to see if one thee is what you want. Or do a Google search for battery suppliers.

Battery Plus
Markville Shopping Centre ╬ map 5000 Highway 7, Unit 321A Markham, Ontario L3R 4M9
Telephone Number: 905-415-3962
E-mail Address: unavailable
Web Site: www.batteryplus.com

Commnents: Small motorcycle battery would probably be OK but cost spacing and whether the built in charger would be suitable should be checked!
How old was the battery? In light indoor service like that, where it is basically kept 'floating' at full charge, until an emergency occurs, one might think it should last for many years? Our hard used winter and summer 1995 Japanese truck battery is now 12 years old and although has reduced capacity due to age works OK down to temperatures of minus 10 Celsius = about 12 degrees Fahrenheit.
BTW why did the battery fail? Age? Over-charging? Not charging at all? Excessive heat? Power from AC supply failed, battery got discharged and then was not recharged promptly? Etc. Other wise a new one may go the same way?
A few thoughts anyway.

I think it was just 2-3 years old. I believe that the previous one did last for >10 years.

No idea. We did have a power outage of half a day.

Save yourself a bunch of money and just buy a 12v car battery.
jiml wrote:

You can get a car batter for less than US$15.00?
jiml wrote:

That won't work. First the panel won't be able to keep a batt. that big charged, and second it's way to big (physically) to fit inside the alarm panel enclosure.

Ok. This isn't Markham but maybe it's not too far for you to go. Matheson, 1 block west of dixie.small strip plaza. about 5 electronics store. at least one of them sells SLA batteries for cheap. 5AH should be 10 bucks. There must be electronic stores in markham or agincourt. ...thehick

now i remember. any rc shop should have these batteries. there's one on sheppard just east of kennedy on the north side in a small plaza. kinda expensive tho. will that be close enugh for you? ...thehick
Alex O. wrote:

Do they have a Radio Shack there?