eurosec CP8L alarm - Replacement Battery failing?

We had some work done on the house last year and the electrics were disconnected for over a week. Once reconnected the alarm said low battery. I bought a new battery, tested it to make sure it was charged and then popped it in the unit.

The keypad still said low battery but I thought maybe it just needed time to sense the new battery.

Fast forward a month and it's still saying low battery. I took the battery out and tested it, the charge has gone.

The alarm is connected to the mains, why won't it recognise the battery and retain the charge, is there a setting I need to change, like a reset when I replace the battery?

Reply to
Hannah85

Has you alarm box got any fuses. Check if a fuse to the battery hasn't gone open circuit.

Reply to
alan_m