Alarm battery spec

Our rechargeable lead-acid alarm battery needs replacing. It's 12v rated at 3.3Ah (made by Lynteck) - does it matter what rating the replacement is as long as it's say 3Ah or higher? I presume it's just to keep it running during a mains failure.

E.

Reply to
eastender

Get one intended for alarm (fire or burglar) use. There are other unsuitable types.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

It should be the right type to survive extended periods of float charging and also obviously the right physical dimensions.

Reply to
Martin Brown