removing rivet from window frame

If they're really rivets, you should be able to drill the heads off with the appropriate size drill bit. Tom

Reply to
tom

Help me please, Im stuck. LOL

I have been trying to remove some old ventitian blind holders, that are from my best guess and terminology, is riveted into the metal window frame on the insides. Its those small retangular holders, where one side nearest you opens up to insert the blinds. I have tried everything, I can think of. Cant pry them out, as the whole frame will start to move. I have been able to cut the heads off of some of the rivets, using a rotary tool, with a cut off disk. A few I have been able to get my jigsaw blade between the fixture and the frame and cut the rivet. But I still have all ten of them on my five living room windows, and the wife wants them off. :) I cant get a hacksaw into it, but I can fit it in, using just the hacksaw blade, using short strokes by hand, but it seems like after countless strokes, I have just been tickling the rivets. Any and all suggestions would be entertained and much appreciated, as I need to get these off, patch the wholes and get ready for painting.

Much regards Jerry

Reply to
J.Lef