Removing fuel oil stain from stone foundation?

I have some fuel oil staining on a small portion of my stone foundation (maybe 2 square feet). It became stained due to overflow out the vent pipe alongside the foundation.
Does anyone know how best to remove this staining. Any specific product and or technique that works best?
Thanks.

Vertical surface? Harder to do. On a horizontal surface you can start with the Speedy Dri stuff and let it sit of a day or two and get 85% of it. I don't know of any way of holding it to the wall, but that would help if you made some sort of cover. Strong detergent will help. Time and weather exposure helps. I don't know if it will ever fully disappear.
Thanks, Edwin. It's vertical.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I've had good luck cleaning stuff like that with a strong solution of dishwasher powder and ammonia applied with a scrub brush then thoroughly rinsed. FWIW YMMV