removal of fridge water lines

-------------------------------------
I'd like to permanently remove the water lines from an old Whirlpool refrigerator since I never use the water or ice-maker and it seems it would be easier to just get rid of the whole system rather than clean it. (The fridge came with my new house and is pretty caked with food.) a) Is this practical? b) What is the best way to go about this? Layman-worded responses appreciated. Thanks
The Stucco site is not a help forum, it's an *advertising* forum that invades real forums (like "alt.home.repair", part of "usenet") parasitically in order to generate free advertising for itself, which continually advances its search engine placement, thereby increasing its own revenue through its click- through advertising commissions.
So the first thing you should do is write them an email and tell them to quit spamming.
Then try to find your way here through proper channels. Please do a google search on "Usenet" and post the regular way.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

First shut off the valve that feeds the line. (Probably under the sink)
Next, disconnect the line from the back of the fridge. To do this you will probably need two wrenches, one on the fitting, and one on the nut.
You should then take a piece of plastic wrap and cover the end of the tubing fastened with a twist tie. This will keep the bugs out of the line if you want to hook it up sometime in the future.
You are now done.
If for some reason the shut off valve does not shut off the water all the way, you can go to the hardware store and get a cap for the end of the line.
--

Roger Shoaf