Regarding O-Rings Lubricating..

Correction: Change -Butyl- to Buna-n

Reply to
tnom

A little hint about silicon/silicone. I wish to hell people would learn the difference.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Silicone, of course, It is inert and will pass through the digestive system. That is one reason silicone is used for medical devices with body contact.

Petroleum jelly is used on cosmetics and on cuts because it is safe too. Lots of uses for it.

to mention as a cheap sex lubricant

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Definitely RTM wasn't part of my Male Manual LOL..

SD

Reply to
SD_V897

Thanks for the link Ed..

SD

Reply to
SD_V897

Hi, Food grade Lubriplate?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

My Scuba instructor reffered to the lube he recommended as rubber food, way back in the day. That was probably silicon grease.

Reply to
SD_V897

In the context of a lubricants that may be ingested Vaseline is pure and Silicone lubricant is not. Silicone lubricant has unknown added ingredients that would make me hesitate.

Reply to
tnom

Thanks MLD, I will be using Silicone grease..

SD

Reply to
S.Daley

Thanks MLD, I will be using Silicone grease..

SD

***

Google "o ring grease" - You'll get all the info you need L

Reply to
Larry