Rec for a showerhead?

I'm looking for one that has some strong pressure (I currenty use one of those Waterpik flex-neck ones and even the strongest setting is only mediocre).

I'm looking to spend $30-$40.

If anyone can recommend anything I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Reply to
Teh Suck

first compare the waterflow in the basement to the waterflow at the removed showerhead, perhaps by measuring how many seconds it takes to fill a gallon pitcher or bucket. the flow loss is restrictions or debris or mineral deposits at every valve and pipe and elbow and fixture from the street to your showerhead. further obstructions occur in the switching valves of the handhelds and in the devices blocking with debris or mineral deposits. to meet the water saving standards it is difficult to find a wide open showerhead for your low pressure or low volume pipe. flow restrictors on many showerheads new these days are not removable. if you don't have a plastic showerhead to drill out is is difficult to drill out the metal ones. see:

buffalobill

Thanks for the site. I'm definitely going to get one these.

Have you tried any of them?

Reply to
Teh Suck

Take the little plastic disc out that is supposed to save water. It works better without them.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Teh Suck" wrote in news:a88Lf.4161$uV6.2358@news-wrt-

01.rdc-nyc.rr.com:

I use "The Incredible Head",from Home Depot,it's under $10,not a stylish showerhead,though.It's main advantage is a narrow output cone,so the water goes on your body and not all over the wall and curtain.They also have "shut-off" versions,that allow you to wet down,turn off the flow while you scrub,and then turn the flow back on for rinsing. I use the ordinary one. It's solid brass(chromed),too.

I used a tiny drill to slightly enlarge every other hole in the disk to give a better spray.(a little coarser)

It's also cheap enough to buy and try with no great loss.

Reply to
Jim Yanik