flagstone leaching question

I had a LOT of flagstone leveled and grouted. The workmen used gray fine sand and Portland cement. They wiped as they went, brushing off the concrete from the tops of the flagstone. They have been gone now for a couple of days.

Things are looking white. I am staying off it for five days to allow it to dry. Temperatures are in the 60s during the day, and 30s at night. The grout seems to be going out into the flagstone, but only slightly. Not really markedly, or in big strips.

AFTER I let it dry for a few more days, what's the best thing to do? There is still some scrap sand on the surface, which will clean up with brooming. Should I wet it down? Should I try to broom it wet to cut down on the white lines? Is there an additive or spray I can put on it? Like vinegar of muriatic acid?

What would you do?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Muriatic acid wash, but let it cure and I am not sure how long. I waited months before I washed mine. The fumes can kill your lungs.

Reply to
m Ransley

Ayup. Acid washed a pool once.

I think I will just let it sit for a good while, let there be some traffic on it, and just let it age gracefully.

Like me.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Have the contractor do it in a month or 2, it is cheap and easy so the price should be 100-250

Reply to
m Ransley