Range clock - Disconnect it!

dpb wrote

technology do not require us to build more

energy storage systems to buffer their

have a single large-scale energy storage

pumping water up at time of excess supply

times of excess demand by letting the

storage system for the entire SE

single fall of water.

other would be a storage of the electric

High Plains where there are (a) no

made that "as yet don't have a single

complement to the wind farm system

It is in some areas, so that stupid claim you made that "we as yet don't have a single large-scale energy storage system that I'm aware of" is just plain wrong.

And that one I listed has wind farms too.

It is in some areas, so that stupid claim you made that "we as yet don't have a single large-scale energy storage system that I'm aware of" is just plain wrong.

And that one I listed has wind farms too.

the same thing...

Easy to claim. Pity you cant actually substantiate that stupid claim either.

Reply to
Rod Speed

technology do not require us to build more

energy storage systems to buffer their

have a single large-scale energy storage

pumping water up at time of excess supply

times of excess demand by letting the

storage system for the entire SE

single fall of water.

other would be a storage of the electric

High Plains where there are (a) no

made that "as yet don't have a single

complement to the wind farm system

ain't the same thing...

You are!

No, YOU are!

nope. You are!

You are!

No, YOU are!

nope. You are!

You are!

No, YOU are!

nope. You are!

You are!

No, YOU are!

nope. You are!

You are!

No, YOU are!

nope. You are!

You are!

No, YOU are!

nope. You are!

You are!

No, YOU are!

nope. You are!

You are!

No, YOU are!

nope. You are!

Reply to
salty

the High Plains where there are (a) no hills,

There's pumped storage and there's pumped storage. The kind we usually hear about involve pumping lots of water to an elevated reservoir, and I can see how it might not be a great choice in areas with little water. On the other hand, there is compressed air energy storage, and last I knew, there was air just about everywhere. Not a real widespread technology at the moment, but there is a 110-MW system in Alabama that's been commercial since 1991.

Reply to
Lou

Google "Ludington pumped storage"

Reply to
CJT

I've seen a lot of motherboards, and I can't remember ever seeing a soldered in battery.

Reply to
Bob F

Hi, Some has soldered ones. Any how they last quite long time. On mother board there are two time functions. One real time, one is watch dog timer.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I remember seeing one out of dozens of motherboards. I forget what the motherboard was.

Don Klipstein

Now I think I remember: I think it was on a 486 motherboard that I got in 1994 in a no name computer pieced together by a small computer store.

Don Klipstein

Back in 8088 days, motherboards often had a rechargeable battery soldered in. Solid state circuitry was not as efficient back then, and a motherboard clock would quickly discharge an alkaline or silver button battery.

Slightly earlier than that, there were no motherboard clocks. If you wanted a system clock, it was on an expansion card.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

Al Gore's Home Energy Use Up 10%

Since June, 2007 the former VP's personal electricity consumption was up 10% according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research.

Gore's energy usage is under a microscope because of his worldwide push to slow global climate change through energy conservation.

In the past year, Gore=92s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

More at

metspitzer