Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

Page 16 of 16
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 07:48:20 GMT, James Sweet wrote:

Hi James,
You gave me the courage to tackle this maybe-clogged dishwasher: http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/sets/72157603947125744 /
Here's a pic, taken just now, with the "kick plate" removed: http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2279869546 /
Are you suggesting I can remove that blue "solonoid" on the left side with the brass pipe in it and that might be what's probably clogged?
Donna

I might first think about using a good shop vac and start sucking at the feed from the water heater or main entrance. open all taps, and of course close main valve. I think the line would have to reseparated at the tank. The dishwasher fill would have to be activated to open valve.
??
greg
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:37:11 +1100, Only Just wrote:

Hi Only Just,
Another great confidence booster!
Given that wonderful suggestion, I snapped some more pics, just now, of under the sink where the dishwasher water seems to be coming from instead of looking under the "kickplate" where the dangerous-looking wires are.
It looks like a wire and two hoses come out of the dishwasher: http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2279911402/in/set-72157603947125744 / The white hose seems to go to the garbage disposal http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2279911408/in/set-72157603947125744 /
The steel hose seems to come from the (badly corroded) hot water input: http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2279911438/in/set-72157603947125744 /
Something, I'm not sure why there are three hoses, goes into the sink: http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2279911420/in/set-72157603947125744 /
Does something here look like what you are describing might be clogged? http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/sets/72157603947125744 /
Donna
On Feb 18, 8:23 pm, "Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator"

Don't bother replacing the WH drain now. Fix the clogged dishwasher instead. Replace that factory drain valve in six months when you flush the WH for your first maintenance interval.
As for that clogged dishwasher, you'll likely have to break the bricks bricking it in in order to get to the innards. Good luck. Ask questions. Take advice with a grain of salt.
And post back with your results!
On Sun 10 Feb 2008, Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator wrote:

Nice start. "Quick". "Basic". Good words to reel in the punters.
The poor souls. They don't realise the long clever trolling they are about to embark upon.
And so it is.