Question about igniter on gas stove

I have a GE Profile gas cooktop, and today for no reason it started that clicking sound it makes when you turn the gas on. The igniter continued to spark about every 20 seconds or so even though the stove was not turned on. I unplugged it, and called for service since I did buy the service contract, but has anybody had this happen? The stove is 2 years old.
-- Cheri
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:28:26 -0700, Cheri wrote:

Mine has never done that but I understand how it could happen theory. What mine does however is to cause my push button crock pot to come on when any igniter is active.

that
continued to

turned
service
old.
How odd about the crockpot, I wonder why that would happen.
Cheri