Pull Down Attic Ladder - Size question

I'm looking to buy a pull-down attic ladder and it seems that the "standard" cutout length is 54". Trouble is - where my existing attic access is, I've got 48" max to work with, which doesn't leave room for finishing out with trim.
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a short-door ladder, or even an alternative to the pull down ladder that is still in the same price range? (<$100) I'd rather not cut a new hole for access, this one is in a closet and would be best.
TIA,
Rick
Try a different closet in a different room. Can't fit ten pounds in a five pound bag. Otherwise buy a 7" step ladder and use the smaller access hole. Muff

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!