Shower floor pan

We are getting ready to expand our existing standup shower. It's 36"

  • 36" with the drain in the middle. The new shower will be 48" * 36".

Reading the posts on this newsgroup I think a shower pan would be the best way to go. All shower pans at Home depot and Lowes have the drain at the center. In fact, I don't think I saw a 48 " by 36" model at either store.

My questions - Is there a place where I can custom make one of these? I'll need 48" by 36" sloped such that the drain is 18" away from one of the long ends.

Does the drain have to go down straight? Can I buy one of the standard ones with the drain in the center and add a drain pipe below the pan to connect with the existing drain?

The contractor is willing to tile the floor but I'd rather not if I can avoid the hassle. If it comes down to it, what are the right questions to ask the contractor about his approach so I know he's doing the right thing?

Greatly appreciate your input..

Thanks

Reply to
Sunday4

Go to your local plumbing wholesaler to see what they can offer. As far as I can remeber 48 x 36 is a standard size.

rik

Reply to
RikC