problem with in-sink aera

Use a long wooden spoon to try to spin the impeller in the bottom to see if a small spoon, etc., may have become stuck between it and the shell. If you are lucky, remove the object with a dual salad spoon.

(If not that lucky, watch for a sale for a replacement 8-)

Ciao, Ack.

CU>Hello, CU>We bought a house 5 years old and just now CU>the in-sink aerator (badger 1, 1/3 HP) doesn't CU>seem to be working. It makes a faint noise when CU>the switch is turned on.

CU>I checked the push button switch under the motor and CU>pushed it in.

CU>How should we diagnose this problem? It doesn't CU>seem to be anything stuck down under the sink.

CU>I also checked the fuses.

CU>Thank you,

Reply to
thurston ackerman

You need the right size allen wrench which usually comes with the disposal and at the very bottom of the unit in the middle you use the wrench to manually turn the unit with the unit OFF and hopefully unjam the unit and remove the offending obstruction or break it into small pieces so it won't be jammed any longer.

(900:300/5647)

Reply to
Art Begun