Price Pfister facuets hard to trun on and off

Hello: My house has the one knob, pull on, push off style Price Pfister facuets. They are really hard to turn on, or off, and even hard to twist for hot and cold. It seems to effect both showers and sink facuets. Would a cartridge replacement fix this problem, or is it time for new facuets? Thanks for any advice, and have a nice day, Bill

Cartridge will fix 98% of problems. Cheap and easy compared to a new faucet.
billccm wrote:

Had the same problem with Price Pfister,changed the cartridge and solved the problem!Works better than new, and a whole lot cheaper. Saxman
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and swapped out two cartridges, and they work really well. Nice and easy to trun on, or off. These are not cheap; costs are $18 each including tax. I noticed that the replacement cartridges are greased up well, maybe I could grease up the old ones to make them easy to use? Thanks agin for your time, and have a nice day, Bill Saxman wrote:

Had the same problem with Price Pfister,changed the cartridge and solved the problem!Works better than new, and a whole lot cheaper. Saxman

Just about any Price Pfister faucet with ceramic cartridges will most likely still be under factory warranty.
Call them and they'll likely send 'em for gratis although they will probably charge a $5 shipping fee.
Most of the big name faucet manufacturers seem to be pretty good with their customer service and warranty parts.
Thanks, Malcolm! I just sent their customer service an email to see if their 'limited lifetime warranty' covers cartridges. We will see what their reply is, and I will post it to this newsgroup! With NINE Price Pfister facuets in my house requireing $18 cartridges, the warranty should would help out! Thank you again for the info, and have a nice day,
Bill Malcolm Hoar wrote:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Malcolm! I just got off the phone with Price Pfister; they are shipping me FOUR free cartridges (part number 974-292). Cost was only $5 for shipping. Thank you again for the advice. Take care, and have a nice day, Bill billccm wrote:

billccm wrote:

clean and apply plumbers grease to all O rings and washers. Cost you about $3 and a half an hour. if that doesn't work replace the innards.