Power vents for a gas tank water heater

Are all the power vent kits about the same for a gas tank water heater? Can anyone comment on the installation? Currently I have a "gravity feed" double tube vents to the side of the house (no chimney).

if your replacing the tank check out a vertex water heater, it has awesome capacity, very high efficency now qualifies for 30% fed rebate and built in power vent

If this is AOSmith, these are not sold directly to customers. Rebate or not, it would cost me well over $1000 to contract it.

I am a homeowner not a professional plumber. I just bought an A O Smith vertex from a local plumbing supply store, no problems. Ditto on the capacity. I am looking forward to my tax credit. The heater costs $1500. There is a Vertex "something" which is more efficient, has a larger capacity and costs more than $2000. For my needs it would not have been cost effective. Richard

yeah the biggie is CXAPACITY, EFFICENCY, and the tax credit
a standard low efficency regular 75K BTU 75 gallon is about a grand, the vertex is a cant lose decision
On Wed 29 Jul 2009 06:00:21a, Phisherman told us...

We were able to buy an AOSmith unit from out utility company.
--
Wayne Boatwright