Portable regulated CO2 system at Lowes

Page 2 of 2
EXT writes:

This is a myth.
"Industrial" grades are actually *cleaner* than beverage grade. Welding processes cannot tolerate contamination.
CO2 tanks deliver vapor over liquid, which purifies further by distillation and purging.

I wondered if anyone was going to suggest the do it yourself route. Here is a link for just that purpose if you're a DIY type. http://www.schwedhelm.net/brew/biggasser.html
And I copied and saved some comments (I think from an old thread) about installing the regulator;
"For me, this was quite an educational process, I didn't understand that there was any difference between a primary and secondary regulator. I thought one was just down stream of the other. I didn't realize they were rated for different pressures.
As the gas is going directly into the regulator, it must be rated high enough to handle the pressure. The typical secondary regulator is only rated for 100-250 psi max. CO2 tanks put out 800+psi. The damned thing could have blown on me.
The next thing is right-hand or left-hand threads. Virtually all paintball equipment is right-hand thread. It looks as though primary regulators are mixed between RH and LH.
So, you want a regulator rated for well in excess of 800 psi (the one mentioned above is rated for 3,000 psi) and that has right-handed threads. The only thing this one seems to be missing is a check valve, which are easily accessible and installed. Beer here, Mike. After looking around on their site some more, in the replacement gauge http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/regulators/replacement.shtml it has a RH high pressure gauge listed for Norgren and Chudnow brands (the one I ordered was a Norgren) and LH for Micromatic, TapRite, NADS, and Cornelius brands. I saw that part of the site, and I almost ordered the same regulator, but if you could confirm that the part where the HP nipple, which goes to the CO2 tank, is indeed right-handed, when you receive the regulator, then I would appreciate it. Well, I got it today and the threads are indeed right handed. I had no problem removing the tank connector and installing the paintball tank setup. http://www.schwedhelm.net/brew/biggasser.html Now I just need to get the tank filled to try it. Also there was a thread about the regulator a while back. The regulator I used was the economy regulator for $20 at: http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/regulators/co2.shtml
Good luck Mark R
On Jun 18, 2:44 pm, The Artist Formerly Known as Kap'n Salty

I've seen plans arround the net for that very thing and also for a filling settup that uses a 20Lb CO2 tank mounted upside down to dispense liquid to fill the paintball cylinder. I'm not sure I have a pair big enough to do that myself but the plans are "out there".
The Artist Formerly Known as Kap'n Salty wrote:

That's kinda a neat little set-up!
A friend of mine had two draft taps on the front of his fridge. He dissected a soda fountain dispenser to get the hardware, and ran the tank and reg right beside the fridge. Soda kegs hold pretty close to the amount of brew you get from a U-brew kit. :-)
I have been looking at making a paintball tank adapter for my MIG welder. 20 oz of CO2 at the local supplier is about $10, and a fill for a baby bottle from the welding supply place is around $50, last I checked. For the amount of use I get out of the welder, it makes more sense to use what is cheap and available, even at a slightly higher cost for the consumables, I don't have the need for a large enough tank to get the prices down.
When I was checking, I could buy CO2 for a bit over a buck a pound, to fill a 20 pound tank. Most of the paintball places were charging 50 cents an ounce or a bit more to fill tanks. <shrug> No one ever starved to death buying low and selling high. That's retail.
Cheers Trevor Jones

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId6441-61735-J-6901-100
Seems to include the tank.
How many CF does it store? How much does a refill cost?
Those are both kinda important.