Poll Question regarding your cordless drill.

Page 2 of 2

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:23:24 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

B&D isn't worth the aggravation. That appears to be a hammer drill.

That's telling your something about B&D, eh?

B&D has been useless crap for decades. Go with Bosch.

I've had good luck with B&D for years. Even my coffee pot is B&D. My Firestorm stuff is great. My 1/2 inch electric B&D hammer drill never fails.

Under limited use...many things will last. I think the DeWalt line of B&D is still pretty good. I have a 12 yr old DeWalt 9.6 that has the original batteries functioning. At work, I have the same model and go thru batteries every threw yrs.
bob

And wil anybody EVER standardize cordless batteries?????????????? With some exceptions such batteries for flash cameras we do have standard sizes (internationally) for AA, AAA, C, D etc. in both primary and rechargeable versions. Also car batteries (usually wet lead acid) are pretty standard if you find your way through a web of catalog numbers. Solid state transistors and chips are somewhat standard, as were/are electronic tubes. An American 6L6 output tube being the same as or almost identical to a Russian made version or a European one, even though the Euro. one might be coded differently it can be a direct plug in! Again standardizing there are several different analog TV standards but with digital standards are appearing or in place. Cell phones formats are beginning to standardize. So why not cordless batteries. OR, as has happened in another fields someone starts to make 'adapters'! the cells inside the couple I've ventured to repair are identical and a 14 volt drill WILL work on, for example, 18 volts, no problem. So why not a cordless battery standard. PS. Going outside now to put in two screws to mount the holder for the remote sender of an outside/inside electronic thermometer. But think I'll use my manual small 'breast' drill. For better control drilling into the redwood cedar siding!

No, because then they can't charge 10X what they're worth. Duh!

Where's the money in that. BTW, they are standard on the inside. Most of these battery packs can be rebuilt out of standard cells (usually "Sub-C" cells).

I really like the "12V" Bosch drill, driver, and impact driver for small jobs. The Impactor will handle some pretty big screws, too. I think I have 8 drills of different makes, mainly because they were cheaper than the batteries that came with them.

Once again, not if you have them rebuilt. I had two batteries for my 12v Makita rebuilt for $60. They guaranteed them to last the same and/or longer than the stock and thus far, they are correct.

I had a battery for my PC 14.4V rebuilt. It's fine, though I don't use it all that much anymore.
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:43:33 -0800 (PST), Molly Brown

The oil will not only extend the life but help the drill performance today.
Phisherman wrote:

Really?