Polarity Problem

The blades on both of my circular saws are spinning counter-clockwise? What could have caused this?
Add pictures here
✖
On 7/10/2012 10:51 AM, Dick Adams wrote:

?????
Handheld circular saw looked at from sawblade end w/ the handle up, I presume???
If so, that's the proper direction; a handheld circular sawblade cuts up into the material forcing it up against the baseplate (just like a table saw upside down).
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 10, 11:51 am, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote:

Applying power to the saw's motor will cause that to happen.
Release the switch or unplug the saw. The blades will stop turning.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote in

The taxing question is, whether the blade is spinning backwards or forward, not clockwise or counter. Is the problem that the blade doesn't really cut? Do the teeth bite into wood, or are they "stroking" the wood? If the latter, try removing the blade and putting it back on upside down, so the teeth face the other way.
--
Best regards
Han

Check the motor connections, if there are three wires and one of them is green, ignore everything else in the comment above. Then make sure you haven't installed the blade backward. Or look at the saw from the other direction and you will find it is indeed spinning clockwise.
Add pictures here
✖
Dick Adams wrote the following on 7/10/2012 11:51 AM (ET):

You're looking at the wrong side of the CS. Look at the other side.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Add pictures here
✖

It'll still turn the same direction.

Don't feed the trolls.
Add pictures here
✖

message
But I've never seen a three phase hand held circular saw.
Add pictures here
✖

ader1.panix.com...
I pointed that out to him earlier in the thread. Perhaps he is ignoring me.
Add pictures here
✖

A synopis:
I doubt that the OP has two 3 phase "bench saws", mistakenly called them "circular saws" - a term typically reserved for hand held saws only - and also doesn't know that his 3 phase power was recently altered.
If he really has two 3 phase "bench saws", then he has a fairly sophisticated workshop and should know if his power has been worked on.
You'll notice that we haven't heard back from the OP, haven't you?
Methinks it's at best an attempt at humor, at worst a troll.
Add pictures here
✖

message
How did you get so lucky?
Add pictures here
✖

der1.panix.com...
Nor have I ever seen a three phase motor suddenly up and change rotational directions without some kind of major problem form the power company or someone rewiring incorrectly on premises...
When you drop a phase on a 3-phase motor it doesn't put out its rated HP and won't handle a loaded condition... It doesn't all of the sudden start rotating backwards...
Add pictures here
✖

message
Not with circular saws, it isn't, moron. I doubt in all of history that it's happened once.
Add pictures here
✖

message
You are a complete idiot, harry.
Add pictures here
✖
Probably designed that way by the manufacturer.