Cordless circular saws?

Looking for some opinions on 18v 6 1/2" circular saws. Makita,Panasonic,Milwaukee,Bosch

Thanks

Reply to
Tee Blue

My Milwaukee works fine, I just don't like the safety lever, its awkward when using in unusual positions. Dave

Teamcasa

I have the older Makita 6-1/2. works great. I recently saw the newer model at HD, which has a more substantial base and a LI battery; looks awfully nice. I've not regretted getting the Makita, except that the batteries don't last long. I once had 4 18V batteries, but 2 have already died. They cost $70+

Dave

Reply to
David

I picked up the Rigid on a few weeks ago on clearance - works great - no issues w/ it at all.

Reply to
Rob V

Tue, Dec 20, 2005, 7:47am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@teamcasadot.org (Teamcasa) doth say in public: My Milwaukee works fine, I just don't like the safety lever, its awkward when using in unusual positions.

That's dangerous, isn't it? I thought the preferred cordless tool in unusual positions was a drill, with attachment.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Tape it back, or shove a pencil in it.

JP

****************************** Don't worry, I'm with OSHA.
Reply to
Jay Pique

I bought a Hitachi 18V circular saw from Menards about 2 years ago on clearance for $99. It is quiet and powerful and has proven very useful in some occasions, like when I was installing Pergo. But now I don't use any circular saw very much and the Hitachi's battery is usually dead when I want to use it. So I reach for the corded saw.

Reply to
AL

If you want those batteries to last, keep a charge on them whether you use them or not. Letting them sit discharged will shorten their life drastically.

Reply to
CW