Pedestal Sink Insdallation

I have just finished installing a pedestal sink. I have one problem, it is a little loose. The wall bracket is the type that has two fingers that stick up so the base slides in. The fit is somewhat loose. Should I take the bracket off and hammer the fingers so the fit is tighter? I believe that I once heard someone suggest that some adhesive on the part of the sink that fits against the wall is the way to go. Any suggestions?

Caulk it around the back edge.
JK

Put a small bit of plumbers putty in the bracket, use an adhsive caulk (polyseamseal) is a decent one to caulk the back of the sink to the wall. Step away from the hammer !

folding it up a dozen times or so to take up the slack. Of course it will need some caulk at the wall.

better than folded over tape.