Patching EPDM Roof

Hello-

Help Please!

I have a flat roof house with an EPDM membrane roof covered in gravel. I would like to drill a hole through the roof and membrane to run gas pipe. My question is: what specific product do you use to patch the EPDM membrane?

I have looked at many of Snow Roofs products, but I'm still not sure if they have the best product, or even if any of their products are recommended specifically for EPDM.

I would sure apprecite any advice from someone with experience with this. When I go to Lowe's/Home Depot etc.., I just get weird looks, or they hand me a can of stuff with a "I think this should work.." comment.

Thank you for any help! DanH

Reply to
DH

Guy, what you need can not be found at a box store. You need to locate a roofing supply outlet. There are two ways to seal a pipe penetration. An EPDM specific pipe boot is preferable, but a pitch pocket will work. Definitely do not use any asphalt based materials.

Reply to
thunder