OT Taxes My Proposed Taxes Fairness Bill of 2012

your wife won't agree. Taxes, along with war, are the two most unequivocably political things a Congress can do.

points with his own wingnuts by doing something that would have an effect on maybe 1% of the 1%. The %age of AGI paid on average by the top 1% is 24%, the average tax rate by the bottom 50% is 1.85% (%age of AGI paid in income taxes.. a fact that both sides conveniently ignore for reasons (at least on the GOP side) I have never really understood. The bottom 50% is thrown off to a certain extent since the bottom 2 quintiles actually have negative rates related to credits they get.

There are flat taxes and then their are Flat Taxes. I have never had problems with having 3-4 rates for differing brackets. The flat part would be to flatten out all the extraneous BS. This is your income, this is your tax rate. Send it.
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 10:29:30 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

Start by eliminating the EITC. It's awfully hard to convince anyone that money doesn't grow on trees when Uncle Sugar hands it out free every April.

That's true only for wage or salary income. Someone with an income of, say, $200K annually from investments pays a substantially *lower* percentage than someone with an income of $150K from salary.

Which, of course, is exactly the point: everyone pays the same *rate*.

No, because they're paying a *lower* rate now.
writes:

Nt quite true, because the rich actually buy more goods and services. And those goods and services are also far more expensive than what ordinary folks buy...

That is a whole different story which may or may not be true My parents arrived in North America with a baby and $200 60+ years ago They died millionaires The same is true for most of their generation who emigrated after WWII.

False argument There's no "deferring of sales tax" It's due at time of purchase of goods or services.
On 4/15/2012 11:36 AM, Dan Espen wrote:

I once heard that there is more effort expended in tax preparation using professionals then there is in producing cars in the US.
The tax code is in need of vast reform, but then there would be all of those unemployed accountants ;)

I doubt it. Even including the large staffs most corporations acquire to avoid paying taxes.

The nature of taxes is such that no matter what the system is, everyone will complain about it.
Why do we get deductions for dependents? Each dependent costs the government more to educate. Especially true for my property taxes. The bulk goes to schools but I haven't had a child in our local schools for 30 years.
--
Dan Espen

get the stuff together and fill out the forms, filing help from H&R Block to a Big 8 Accounting firm, etc.) was estimated at $391.1 billion in 2009. As of 2009 the income-tax industry employed more workers than are employed at the five biggest employers among Fortune 500 companies--more than all the workers at Wal-Mart Stores, United Parcel Service, McDonald's, International Business Machines, and Citigroup combined. Researchers from the Fair Tax Blog note that complying with the federal income tax code amounts to imposing a 22.2-cent tax compliance surcharge for every dollar the income tax system collects. The compliance costs are said to be highly regressive.
writes:

WRONG ! It costs the TAXPAYERS, NOT the government

Maybe you should go back to school. Clearly what little you may have learned before you have had kids has been replaced by a lot or ignorance.
MarkK wroted,
All I know is I'm one of the 53% that make up the households that still pay federal income taxes. But I'm getting closer to the 47% that don't. Then it won't matter what Obama or Romney does...
MarkK wrote:

Good idea. In that vein, I'd like to repeat my "Flat-Flat Tax" idea.
Assuming, in round numbers, the federal government needs $3.5 trillion. Assuming, again in round numbers, there are 350 million people in the U.S., then each person should pay $10,000 and that's the end of it.
Think of the simplicity!
"But," you might say, "what about the person who doesn't HAVE ten thousand dollars?"
They could donate one unit of blood plasma per month for which the government would credit $1,000 per unit (I call this the Federal Withdrawing Plan). In ten months each person could eliminate his or her liability.
"But, but, but..." you might complain, "what about the 18-year old mother of four precious snowflakes? She would be responsible for $50,000/year. Are you suggesting we draw blood from infants and toddlers?"
Of course not. That would be absurd, not to mention cruel. It's true that mom is on the hook for fifty large, and we certainly can't expect her to provide five units of blood plasma per month. But what she could do is contribute a kidney.
A kidney could replace a dialysis machine and is easily worth $250,000. One kidney would pay up her tax bill for FIVE YEARS!
"And at the end of five years, what would you do? Take her OTHER kidney?"
Absolutely not. That would be silly. She can't function without a kidney!. What she COULD do, is contribute a cornea.
Assuming a cornea is roughly the same value as a kidney, she'd have her tax liability controled for ANOTHER five years.
These two marketable items, coupled with the aforementioned blood platelets, would totally solve her tax problem for twelve, thirteen, or more years. By then, her children would be out on their own (or in jail), and she could go back to being a single taxpayer.
Now I know the above is not a COMPLETE solution, we may have to make exceptions for members of the military or those in necessary professions, like members of Congress.
I'm sure there will be tweaks.
But it's a starting point.

Every single one of these plans has "unspecified offsets" (don't worry, everything will be okay, just vote for me).
Someone will be along shortly to explain this to you.
--
Dan Espen

In the case of the over taxed people of the US.
Tax cuts lead to prosperity, and growth. Reduces the stifling effect of over taxation.

Every single one of these plans has "unspecified offsets" (don't worry, everything will be okay, just vote for me).
Someone will be along shortly to explain this to you.
--
Dan Espen

Somewhere along the line, she should give up her ovaries. If she can't afford having children, she shouldn't be popping them out like zits

At a town meeting in Boston in 1765, James Otis, Jr shouted out "Taxation Without Representation is Tyranny". Unfortunately, Mr. Otis died in 1783 so he did not see the Whiskey Tax of 1791 and the subsequent Whiskey Rebellion of 1794. Had he seen those events he would have most likely said "Taxation With Representation is still Tryanny"
So whenever somebody says "Tax Fairness", "Tax Simplification", Tax Equalization, etc, I reach for my under my pillow and click off the safety catch on my Smith & Wesson.
There are two choices. The first is an open rebellion which is somewhere between ignorant and stupid. The other is to vote the bastards out of office. This is a federal election year for the President, the Senate, and the House of Representatives. Simply vote for the candidate most likely to defeat the incumbent as in vote Republican against an incumbent Democrat and Democratic against an incumbent Republican.
Dick -- Richard D. Adams, CPA (retired) Moderator: Misc.Taxes.Moderated and Misc.Legal.Moderated
With Chicago Thug politics, and electronic vote counting. Do you think the voters actually have that power, now days?
Diebold: You vote, we decide.
There are two choices. The first is an open rebellion which is somewhere between ignorant and stupid. The other is to vote the bastards out of office. This is a federal election year for the President, the Senate, and the House of Representatives. Simply vote for the candidate most likely to defeat the incumbent as in vote Republican against an incumbent Democrat and Democratic against an incumbent Republican.
Dick -- Richard D. Adams, CPA (retired) Moderator: Misc.Taxes.Moderated and Misc.Legal.Moderated

We all need to learn more about Jesus. But you need to learn that only Sons of Perdition Top Post.
I believe in the ballot box. If you don't, your only alternatives are accepting slavery or engaging in insurrection. Neither alternative should be acceptable to a rational human being.

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."-- Claire Wolfe
So true...... I don't think voting does much at present.
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."-- Claire Wolfe
Well, the USA was started with an armed insurrection.
And, I happen to like being a Son of Perdition. I'd prefer to be a son of Petition. I'm making my voice known.

We all need to learn more about Jesus. But you need to learn that only Sons of Perdition Top Post.
I believe in the ballot box. If you don't, your only alternatives are accepting slavery or engaging in insurrection. Neither alternative should be acceptable to a rational human being.

If you want your voice heard, stop being a top poster. It irritates people.