OT: Sobriety test

Page 3 of 3
Per SeaNymph:

I read The Economist Magazine and they're 100% on-board with the concept of man-caused global warming.
The staff of The Economist are nobody's fool - and they are not connected with the USA "conservative" movement.
I can't imagine a much more conservative publication than that except maybe the late William F Buckley's 'The National Review - which does, indeed, seem to engage in global warming denial.
But I would not call that mag anything but extremely biased towards the USA's brand of "conservatism". (quotes because it seems to me to differ greatly from any dictionary meaning of the word that I have seen so far)
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Review : ------------------------------------------------------------------ "Victor Davis Hanson, a regular contributor since 2001, sees a broad spectrum of conservative, anti-liberal contributors:
In other words, a wide conservative spectrum — paleo-conservatives, neo-conservatives, tea-party enthusiasts, the deeply religious and the agnostic, both libertarians and social conservatives, free-marketeers and the more protectionist — characterizes National Review.
The common requisite is that they present their views as a critique of prevailing liberal orthodoxy but do so analytically and with decency and respect.[22]
The magazine has been described as "the bible of American conservatism".[23]" ------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Pete Cresswell

Exactly, if we've changed the climate, it's minuscule compared to what naturally happens. And since there's a mini ice age approaching, if we can warm the planet up that's a good thing, or we'll have less crops and won't be ableto feed everyone and we'll have to shoot all the Muslims. Oh wait....
--
She was engaged to a boyfriend with a wooden leg but broke it off.

Per SeaNymph:

Can somebody list some countries in that category?
--
Pete Cresswell

He read this and there is now a warrant out for you. VA takes those radar detector infidels seriously. 8-)
--
Tekkie

Unfortunately I'm not in America just now, I was just wondering incase I holidayed there.
--
We've come so far that community service is considered punishment.

theres a easy answer to prevent drunk driving, and unsafe driving in general
all new vehicles will have cameras monitoring the driver, and all activities of the vehicle.
cars will self report, calling the police for help if the driver is driving poorly, weaving, speeding, going too slow etc etc.
if anyone tries to tamper with the system. the vehicle will be disabled.....

Big Brother is wrong. Idiot.
--
I went to buy some camoflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

On 03/15/2016 05:04 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Big Brother is ungood :-)
--
Mark Lloyd