OT: Poll: Gas prices

Page 3 of 3

$3.46 in New York as of 10-16-08....and that's cheap.

We're still getting screwed-over in Illinois, taxes here and the different blends makes for the highest gas prices in the country. Why the govt thinks oil profits of 9% are a windfall, while their taxes over 20% are not a windfall is beyond me. Its still $3.99 a gallon in the city and the adjacent-to-city burbs, the outer burbs are around $3.30. Illinois has no republicans, so all this makes sense.
Not to mention those stupid assed dangerous speed limit rules on the interstate in IL.
We're still getting screwed-over in Illinois, taxes here and the different blends makes for the highest gas prices in the country. Why the govt thinks oil profits of 9% are a windfall, while their taxes over 20% are not a windfall is beyond me. Its still $3.99 a gallon in the city and the adjacent-to-city burbs, the outer burbs are around $3.30. Illinois has no republicans, so all this makes sense.
Steve Barker DLT wrote:

Next to the speed-limit signs is another that reads: "Chicago is a nuclear-free zone."
It averages out.

Huh? We have more nuclear plants here in a concentrated area than anywhere else in the US.
RickH wrote:

"The film shows how citizen groups worldwide have responded by organizing nuclear free zones in their communities, regions and countries. More than 4,300 nuclear free zones now exist in 37 countries, and over 17 million Americans now live in nuclear free zones-including New York, Chicago, Oakland and Berkeley, California. FREE ZONE documents this vital movement with compelling stories of nuclear radiation survivors turned activists and the challenges which confront the movement worldwide."
http://www.dlbfilms.com/freezone.html
The city declared itself such back in the '80s. But, if you're right, the declaration is as effective as Chicago being a "gun free zone."
Gas is under $3.00 at some stations, most are just over.
Al in Tucson
While we're driving around on 3.65 gasoline in NYS, our legislators are buying more "drug free school zone" signs which no one heeds. We also have plenty of cameras on poles, watching interstates, intersections, and bad neighborhoods. I'm not sure they are doing any good.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus