OT - Norelco razor repair

If you're using the Norelco, snap the head off. Slide each cutter out of the plastic triangle. Then disassemble the comb and cutter. Brush out each piece. (I had long hair strands wound around stuff in there.) Water helps. Pick the hair out with a tweezer, and brush the heads and screens clean with hand wash soap and old tooth brush.
Then reassemble the combs and cutters, slide them back into the triangle, and snap back onto the razor. A tiny drop of oil on each comb and cutter might help, too. Silicone spray is better yet.
Shaves nicely, again. Easier and cheaper than going to buy a new shaver. No trip to the store needed.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Add pictures here
✖

If you really want to look older, go for it. I have been told I look 15 years younger without facial hair.
Add pictures here
✖
on 8/16/2009 3:38 PM (ET) Phisherman wrote the following:

I was told I look better with a mustache, but younger without it. Do I want to look better at 71, or younger than 71? It's gone.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

My current one is over 3 years old and this is just normal, every few weeks, cleaning. Norelco trys to sell you a new head after a year but I've never bought one - old works fine.
Add pictures here
✖

My current one is over 3 years old and this is just normal, every few weeks, cleaning. Norelco trys to sell you a new head after a year but I've never bought one - old works fine.
Previous two Norelco had the combs get thin and break off chunks. Cost of replacing head almost as much as new razor. My new Norelco cleans by flipping the head open and holding under hot faucet after every couple of shaves. Great feature.
Tom G.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat 15 Aug 2009 04:47:30a, Tom G told us...

My latest Norelco is about 2 years old. I clean that one and prevous ones with pressurized air. I rarely have to disassemble the heads for cleaning, but do so occasionally when I wash and dry them.
--
Wayne Boatwright
✖

A note...comb and cutter are honed to each other-do not interchange them!
OT-I bought a newer "better" Norelco (not a Chinese one) and was disappointed by the time I can use it without recharging.
bob_v
Add pictures here
✖
What has worked for me. I bought a Remington Microscreen from Ebay, that takes two AA cells. I can't remember how long I've had it in the van (for shaving touch ups while sitting in traffic). It's been ages, and it's still humming away on the alkaline batteries. About $15 including delivery.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I think you can buy them in the drugstore cheaper than that. I've had one in my travel kit for about 3 years and yet to change batteries.
Trouble with the screens vs Norelco type with slits, if a hair is missed, it tend to be continued to be missed and will grow long.
FYI my last Norelco gave out because it would not recharge. Newer one has a cord.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 11:28:27 -0400, Frank

The corded ones seem to last forever and they are lighter with a lower cost. The hairs that decide to grow flat against the skin get missed, but get yanked out with the tweezers.
Add pictures here
✖

Probably 90% of cordless shavers have batteries that are not replaceable or available to the public. The manufacturer considers the entire shaver as expendable goods when the batteries will not hold a charge.
Add pictures here
✖
I saw a guy wire a battery pack with three AA cells onto his cordless phone. Looked dorky, but much longer talk time than the internals.
Me, I'd had a couple shaver batteries go bad. I was planning to wire them to alkaline batteries, and use them that way. Never followed through, though.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus