OT I wish my cell phone could....

I want a feature on my cell phone so that when I call it I can push some buttons and change it from vibrate only to the loudest ring possible. PIN protected, of course.
I'll bet a bunch of you are wishing for the same thing.
(I used to have "Vib then Ring" but not anymore.)
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:51:44 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

Go to alt.cellular

I wish mine had a built in flash drive that would store my information on it so that when I go to the dentist or doctor I could enter a pin number and set it on their USB dock and fill out my form information.
Mine has a microSD card that can be placed in a USB adaptor that essentially makes it a flash drive. But why not just use a regular flash drive? Of course that assumes the Doctor's system had the capability of uploading that data.
wrote:

I wish mine had a built in flash drive that would store my information on it so that when I go to the dentist or doctor I could enter a pin number and set it on their USB dock and fill out my form information.
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:34:06 -0500, Mark wrote:

cussed at oudest ring

My wife carries a usb flash drive with the meds we take, living wills, Organ Donor info. All of our Dr's names and addresses, copys of prepaid cremation services. Phone numbers of next of kin.
My wife can't have any opiates as she is allergic to them plus bee or wasp stings. The best medical service available could kill her if she were to receive morphine for pain.
Medical offices or hospitals won't use them. They are afraid of a v That is not a nervous condition you see in the rear view mirror, you are being cussed at irus. All the dipstick Dr.'s only know what Windows is. A brooding grounds for a virus.
You will need to take your laptop to show them but they do not know how to network to copy. If they did they won't. They are unfamiliar with Mac or Linux.
My wife carries a disposable cell phone that the minutes roll over when time is added,only to call for help, AAA, 911, whatever. I don't even know the phone number to the damn thing. She never gives it out, even to the kids(all adults). She wouldn't answer it anytime she was driving anyhow. If you are talking on a phone at the traffic light, she is the one honking the horn to get you to move before the light turns red again.
Thank you Bill Gates! You have spread stupid world wide!
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:26:34 -0500, RLM wrote:

That post was a mess!
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:38:37 -0800 (PST), metspitzer

Better yet, get all their records.

I wish my cellphone could...
Survive a fall onto concrete from a 10 foot ladder (like the old 1960's Western Electric phones could)

I want a feature on mine that provides the same range and sound quality as the US phones of 20 years ago, or of any third world country today. -----
- gpsman
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Lots have cell phones have that function. LG calls it "manner mode". You hold the "*" key and it toggles between vibrate and whatever ring loudness you have set. I use it a lot to avoid annoying others. Based on observation I am sure you and I are the only ones interested in doing so.