OT: Disease halted

In my lifetime, I've seen smallpox completely wiped out. Now, the news from India is that the country is free of Polio.

There are only three countries left where Polio can be found - if you look really, really hard: Pakistan, Nigeria, and Afghanistan.

Faster, please.

HeyBub

One of - perhaps THE - main causes for the decline of polio is Rotary International. Since 1985, they have raised 850 million and used it to innoculate two billion - yes, billion - children throughout the world. They are still at it and the Bill Gates Foundation is contributing major $$.

Reply to
dadiOH