OT Credit card

I think I have one of the same cards. It is a Visa card and can be used whever they take than kind of card.

I have a Master card from Paypal that gives so much back on some things. I buy a lot off ebay so have it tied to that card, but can use that card wherever they take Master card.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I think the interest on my card is 19.9%

but in the 30 years I've had it this was the first time I was ever charged...since I always pay my bill in full.

Like I said: If I don't get a response to my email I might as well call

Reply to
philo

Are there limits as to where you can use it?

Reply to
Charles Bishop

We got one of those and it's worked out pretty well so far. Sometimes I think my husband's purpose in life is to keep Amazon in business. The rest for my new rifle was free :)

Reply to
SeaNymph

Don't wait, call tomorrow.

Reply to
SeaNymph

You mean the rebate? Don't think so. It is easy to use it at Amazon so I've only used it there so far. Just takes a click.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I am not sure about the Amazon, but I have it and a regular card from Chase. The Chase card will send you a check in the mail if you want them to for the amount of cash you can get back. .

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Been using Amazon Credit card for years. You only spend the credits at Amazon. On ANY Amazon purchase.

It's definitely a case of getting a bunch of free stuff.

Since December:

New PC Speakers Torcik Wedlowski - Chocolate Wafer Tart Some brass door knobs IRWIN Tools Carbon Door Lock Installation Kit Jeans Batteries Sea Sponge (for sponge painting)

All free, paid for with Amazon Credit card credits. A deal too good to be true, but it's for real. Beats the hell out of driving to the store too. I went to 3 paint stores, including HD for the sponge. None of them had what I wanted. Amazon, one click. Depending on how much you use your card and how much you buy, you can get a bunch of stuff for free.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Interestingly, when I turned on my computer today I saw that my bank had already replied last night.

They said there was nothing they could do locally as my credit card is handled by Cardmember Services. They apologized and gave me the phone number.

I called and it only took me a minute to get to a real person. Main reason I did not want to call was because I thought I'd spend an hour navigating their phone system.

Bottom line is that if the bill is not paid in full...there is interest ....PERIOD...it does not matter how much I was short. I thanked her and hung up.

Like I said, the fault was on *my* end so I am not going to get upset over this. By the virtue of me accepting the card, I have agreed to their terms.

Moving on...once the check for my most recent bill clears...I'm going to auto pay. (Thank you Oren for the suggestion.)

There was good news elsewhere as I finally did my taxes yesterday. I had been putting off because I thought I'd be owing this year...but instead got a decent amount back.

I use TaxSlayer to file on-line and it was easy. They carried over my last year's info, but I had to delete my savings account.

When I tried to fill in the interest I earned, the 30 cents I entered was seen as a blank field!

Reply to
philo

I would call again and see if you get a better person. If still no go, you should mention how long you have had this card and ponder openly if you will keep it, given their attitude. Then ask to be connected to the retention desk, after again asking for the name of the person you are currently speaking to.

I have had much better cooperation in the few times I had to call a cc company. Which company are you using? Maybe a good warning for all of us.

This is a good reason to collect all the rewards $ you can from cc companies. If you still get stuck with this, it will be offset in spades by the rewards you have already collected.

Reply to
taxed and spent

And tell them the statement you received was poorly printed, which is why you could not make out that final number.

And, perhaps most importantly, don't you check your receipts against the cc statement? That would have shown your error before you paid.

Reply to
taxed and spent

Of course I do...and like I said...the fault was on my end. Why would I expect Cardmember Services to change their rules for MY error?

I looked at the cc stub but the number I wrote is clearly a six, I can't claim that /they/ entered the number incorrectly.

I am now done with this matter. I get a few hundred dollars back each year for using the card and have made a small fortune on the stock I own in the company.

Reply to
philo

Nobody is saying they should CHANGE their rules, just waive an $11.00 charge on a two cent underpayment by a good, long term customer. Decent cc companies do such things. I imagine you are not being even a halfway decent advocate for yourself. Just my two cents.

Glad to hear it.

Reply to
taxed and spent

I like my Visa card, but the folks who handle it are "Cardmember Services." They could care less. No call center in India could possibly care that I've paid right on time...in full...for 30 years. It says right there on their computer: balance was not paid in full. (and they are right.)

Reply to
philo

Here is something you might like:

taxed and spent

It's all good, although I would not deal with a company that would do such a thing, considering the amount. But, if you're happy with it, it's okay.

We actually got a tax refund this year, something I haven't seen in the last 10 years. The reasons for it are not good ones, but whatever.

Reply to
SeaNymph

Don't need one, I'm married :)

Reply to
philo

I am sure all credit card companies would do that...I am not going to dwell on it

Glad you are getting money back but sorry for the reason why

Reply to
philo

Yeah, not much to do about it now. Just motor on :)

Reply to
SeaNymph

I would not be thanking anyone.....

I would have set the phone next to my table saw and said "You are about to hear my credit card from your company, go thru a saw blade". Then started the saw and ran that CC across the blade, cutting it in many pieces.

Then hang up the phone!

But as long as these crooked companies know there are people who will tolerate their abuse, they will continue to abuse and rob people, while they laugh all the way to the bank. And the more they get away with it, the more they will do it.

Companies like this should face continual lawsuits, or better yet, have the windows shot out of their buildings, and hand granades tossed inside. But Americans have become soft. They just tolerate these companies and ALLOW these rip-off companies to give them the shaft up their ass. I'm glad to NOT be a part of the "soft" crowd who allows these crooks to screw people. That's precisely the reason I wont allow any one of those corrupt f**king credit card companies to put my name on thier "plastic key". The key they will use to f*ck me over, a soon as I sign their filthy paper.

These companies are THE ENEMY. They promise all sorts of lies, when in fact, all they do is rob and screw people for their own advantage, and they target those people who have the least, because they know that the poorest people can not afford lawyers to fight back.

But it dont have to get to the point of needing lawyers, or resorting to violence against these crooks, if people simply refused to do business with these companies in the first place. I get lots of free offers for credit cards in the mail, often containing a so called "pre-approved" card. Every one of these cards meets the same fate, they go directly into my wood stove, trash burner, or wood chipper. We already pay for the right to use "greenback dollars", when we pay our taxes. Why the hell should I have to pay another "CROOKED" company to manage my money, when I am already paying to use the government issued currency!

But there will always be lots of SUCKERS, who beleive their lies and refuse to fight back, and these crook companies know it.....

Reply to
Paintedcow