OT Credit card

Had the same sort of problem with the cable company. My credit card number changed when the card was upgraded, and I went online to add the new card. Apparently the change didn't "take" so the card was rejected. For 2 months. They finally called me about it to tell me service would be cut off if the account wasn't paid - and there was a sizeable penalty for the "missed" payment.

I told them I had been a customer for over 20 years and never missed a payment, and that I had used their online portal to change the credit card number, and they had not either called or emailed me to let me know of the problem whenit first occurred. They said they texted me - and I told them I had not told them texting was an option and with all the "spam" texts they send out on a regular basis I simply deep-six any texts coming from them. They removed the penalty without my even having to suggest it, and made sure the card number change went through.

For what I pay for my cable, internet and cell service they definitely owed me that much.

Reply to
clare

I haven't had any problems with the cable company for a long time, but years ago we had a lot of outages. After jumping through a bunch of hoops they finally gave me credit for the days that the cable was down. Like the saying goes, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Reply to
RonNNN

That thinking is EXACTLY why these companies can continue to screw people. Rip-off $11 from 1000 people, and they make $11,000 for doing nothing. $11,000 is not petty cash! It's not the amount but the principle of the thing....

Some stranger from India just walked up to you on the street, and stole your wallet from your pocket. But it only had $11 in it, so you'll just leave this crook get away with it. SAME DIFFERENCE!

But like they say, "THERE'S A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE"!

Reply to
Paintedcow

On 03/21/2016 04:32 PM, RonNNN wrote: X

My stock in the company went up $600 today, who cares

Reply to
philo

If I had the opportunity to shoot an armed robber I would do so.

If I was unarmed but they had a weapon I'd give them the money.

My life is worth more than eleven bucks.

There was a guy here in town who gave an armed robber his money,. then tried to make a joke of it.

He's now dead meat .

Reply to
philo

On 03/21/2016 04:36 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote: X

But that was not your fault.

All I'm doing is fessing up for my own error.

Reply to
philo

What would all you folks think if the bank were owned by the Trump?

Reply to
philo

But your $11 contribution has almost zero affect on that stock. In fact, it probably didn't even get your 2¢ back for you. Do you think the stock wouldn't have gone to $600 without you giving up $11? And you think you are savvy in the stock market.

Reply to
RonNNN

On 03/21/2016 04:50 PM, RonNNN wrote: roblem whenit first occurred. They said they texted me -

I have AT&T and though my service never went down for long, it seemed that at least once a day my service would quit for a minute.

Eventually I called and within one hour they were at my house and replaced the gateway router. It was fixed, just like that and for no charge.

For sure I thought there was a bad connection outside.

Reply to
philo

Some things are funny even when they cost you.

About 40 years ago a man showed me his pay check from before and after a small raise. H worked for the city an was making around $ 2.50 an hour. He either got a five or ten cents an hour raise and after the increase the take home pay was about a dollar less due to the tax bracket it threw him into.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

LOL

of course that $11 I lost did not make the value of my stock go up $600.

I betcha everyone here would say the bank did exactly the right thing...if it was owned by the Trump.

Reply to
philo

Because I've lost a lot of my hearing, I can't understand most accents. I very politely tell them that I need to speak with someone else. You'd be surprised how quickly you get someone you can understand.

While I'm glad you found this amusing, personally, I find it appalling and would simply not stand for it.

Reply to
SeaNymph

I can believe that one.

Speaking about the old days...yesterday someone posted a hospital ...delivery room bill from 1943

It was $29.50 ( $1.00 for the anesthetic)

Reply to
philo

No, I'm not, and if he's okay with it, then that's his business. I'm just not going to take that. I don't mind admitting if I made a mistake, but a 2 cent mistake is not worth $11, imo.

Reply to
SeaNymph

Our communication company apparently cut the line that provides my phone service at the box out on the street. It took them a week to get it fixed and I was quite firm that I was not going to pay for those days that I had no service. No problem.

Reply to
SeaNymph

On 03/21/2016 05:30 PM, SeaNymph wrote: X I could talk to a supervisor or write letters to the CEO

Her accent was very slight, she spoke excellent English. Very business-like but polite. Even if the credit card company was 100% at fault, there would have been no point in taking it out on her.

BTW: MY hearing is not so hot either.

Reply to
philo

No, what everyone here is saying is that you are a sucker for not standing up for yourself. And what makes you think Trump DOESN'T own the bank? [g]

Reply to
RonNNN

That's simple as well, do what I do and refuse to speak to someone you can't understand. I do it any time it happens.

Reply to
SeaNymph

Believe me I fight very fiercely in situations where the problem is THEIR fault. I can't think of a time where I've lost. I once dragged out a court case to the maximum length possible. They ended up paying a $400 doctor's bill but they lost thousands in the process. I did not hire a lawyer, but implied that I was being advised by one.

In other situation, my uncle who is a lawyer did not charge me to write a letter. As soon as they saw that I had a lawyer involved, they settled at once.

Going back to college, I even argued with the manager of a pinball machine arcade who turned the game off...and I would not quit until I got my damn quarter back. He even tried to give me 12 cents because I played half a game.

A sucker I am not...but I also do not blame others for my own mistake.

Why does everyone here always get on my case and call me a liberal when discussing politics...yet take what I'd call a liberals stand and by suggesting that I blame others for my own mistake?

Reply to
philo

Yep...for something like that I'd fight.

The cut line was NOT your fault.

Reply to
philo