ok to store toilet in unheated garage

We were going to remodel our bathroom, new toilet, tile, vanity but DH hurt his back pretty bad and we're thinking about doing it next spring instead. Right now the new toilet and tank is in the unheated, unattached, cold garage. With a central Ohio winter coming on we were wondering if the cold weather might damage the toilet in any way. It's still in the store packing.
thanks, kay
Assuming there is no water in the trap, it should be fine. The only way there would be water in the trap is if it had been installed at some time. If new you should not need to worry.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

No problem. Cold temperatures won't harm it, only if water was left in a used one to freeze.
kay wrote:

How do you think the toilet GOT to Ohio? Perhaps in a climate-controlled van?
Good point HeyBob, but it does make you wonder about how they ship things that should NOT freeze such as paints, food items, and other things that say 'DO NOT FREEZE. Or how about things that say 'store at room temperature' when ship in summer or in hot areas.

such easily damaged products are transported in climate controlled refrigerated or heated trucks. much produce cant be left to freeze between mexico and buffalo.

Take it out of the box and look to see if anyone shit in it. If there's no shit, there's no problem. Sometimes people shit in display toilets at places like Home Depot because they dont realize it's just there for display.