O.T. The sick gun culture.

with 300M guns in this country, the distinction between legal and illegal ownership is a fiction.

let's see. america has the highest rate of incarceration in the world. we have more prisoners than china.
how's that leniency working out?

Now we all *know* you're stupid.

...and that's relevant to gun ownership, how?

Not well, obviously.
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 21:53:48 -0600, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

ah. so you think there's some way to track and control 300M guns
golly. are you psychic? do you do a vulcan mind meld with each gun?

obviously because 'leniency' is just another figment of the right's imagination

Good God, no! Why would we even WANT to track guns. There should be another 300M, at least. I'm thinking about buying a Walther PPK/S for my wife, in fact.

Nope, just a full magazine.

Wrong. As long as loony lefty judges, and politicians, keep turning them out, they'll keep killing.
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 23:25:27 -0600, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

thanks for making my point.
the defense rests

let me type this slowly so you can understand
the US has the highest incarceration rate in the entire world
we have more prisoners than china. china has 5X our population
where is your data that shows judges are lenient?
oh. rush told you.
i rest my case

Your only point is sticking up between your shoulders.

The "defense" has some case!

You'd better learn to think, first.

Good! More deserve to be there!

You have a point (other than the one mentioned above)?

Recidivism. Not enough executions.

Your dipstick is low.

You're illiterate, like most kids your age, too.
On Jan 12, 9:36pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Tthe fact that China routinely executes people for crimes that would get maybe 5 years here in the USA might have something to do with it.
On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 05:14:53 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

and yet they have 5X our population.
and we execute folks too, including the innocent. but the right, which hates the gummit, thinks the gummit is infallible when killing people

Right. We try to keep track of prisoners, not guns.

How about bpuharic?

HAHAHAH really? our judicial system, dominated by the 'lock 'em up' philosophy, is seen as a joke
a very, very expensive joke that even conservatives are starting to realize, doesnt work

Can you trust any data coming from Communist China? In fact most nations differ in how they classify/record crimes,so direct comparisons are questionable.
I suspect China puts their criminals in gulags or in "re-education farms",and works them to death,and doesn't count them as "prisons".
Or they simply execute them,and bill the relatives for the bullet.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

gee. go prove they're wrong. go ahead. i'll wait.
and your statement about crimes...go find proof that our system works. you denying all those people ARE locked up?

well we execute ours too.
and yet our murder rate is the highest among developed nations.
works great. conservatives dont trust gummit
except when it comes to killing people. then gummit is infallible

sorry. the wife is a defense attorney. i've seen my share of prisons

and we seem to have more of these than any other country on earth. SO either right wing philosophy about lock 'em up is wrong or god just sent every misfit to 21st century US

pat buchanan among others

uh yes. i was in catholic seminary. our order had a prison ministry at the indiana state prison. met a guy who killed 2 indiana state troopers when he was 19
does that count?

dodging the issue isnt an answer

ROFLMAO!! why not? too left for you??

Fine. We have much less crime than you do. As previously established in this thread. In spite of you locking up more people. Must be something in the drinking water. I had never saw a gun until I was twelve. And that was in France. I never saw a gun in the UK until I was in my twenties. I never saw a gun fired until I was in my fifties. I never fired a gun until I was almost sixty. (In Australia) It was interesting for about twenty minutes. But us intellectuals are soon bored. Peace and quiet you see.
=========
"us intellectuals"
Right.

It's called irony. Americans don't understand it. It's OK. Don't worry. I'll get you trained up.
===== No. It wasn't irony.
On Jan 12, 9:37pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Why do you make up this stuff?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States "Violent crime was not responsible for the quadrupling of the incarcerated population in the United States from 1980 to 2003. Violent crime rates had been relatively constant or declining over those decades. The prison population was increased primarily by public policy changes causing more prison sentences and lengthening time served, e.g. through mandatory minimum sentencing, "three strikes" laws, and reductions in the availability of parole or early release. These policies were championed as protecting the public from serious and violent offenders, but instead yielded high rates of confinement for nonviolent offenders. Nearly three quarters of new admissions to state prison were convicted of nonviolent crimes. Only 49 percent of sentenced state inmates were held for violent offenses. Perhaps the single greatest force behind the growth of the prison population has been the national "war on drugs." The number of incarcerated drug offenders has increased twelvefold since 1980. In 2000, 22 percent of those in federal and state prisons were convicted on drug charges."
Are you quite sure that the NYS they were referring to in that imaginary study you mentioned wasn't the Namibian Youth Soccer penal system? That's about the only way that your BS comment could be possible.
Take off the blinders, please - for your own good.

I can't help it if you can't understand simple English.

Depends on your definition of "violent crime".

Nothing yet contradicts what I reported.

Not yet...

Still no evidence of a brain found.

Learn to read. Then learn to think. You really have your work cut out for you.
Oren wrote:

You neglected to mention that the prisoners living in tents, in 110-degree weather, are volunteers. Sheriff Arapio gives most prisoners their choice: Tents or cell blocks.
harry wrote:

No, the pink underwear is mandatory. Female prisoners get to wear leather.