No-Shed Electric Blanket Suggestions

I have been using a Sunbeam brand electric blanket that I bought from K-Mart and it sheds so much of its surface fibers that I have to vacuum the bedroom floor daily. The top fibers seem to be loose and they just fall off and all over the place even when not disturbed. I've put it through the washing machine a couple of times and it still sheds like a hairy dog in summer. Sad, because I really love the warmth that an electric blanket provides.
Are there any specific brands or fiber types or models of electric blankets that do not exhibit this fabric separation problem? Acrylic vs. cotton, etc.?
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I'd like to know too! All of my Sunbeam blankets have shed like madness, and it seems like it continues no matter how old the blanket gets. I find the fibers everywhere.

I have the same problem.

Mark Lloyd

Obviously defective. When you called Sunbeam, using their toll free number, what did they say about it?
I like Biddleford electric blankets. All my SUnbeams died after a year (three of them). They slowley stopped getting hot. Biddlefords speciffically say no degradation over time. I think you will find that all electric blankets are made with this nonwoven fleece type blanket material and they will all shed .

Hmmm...sounds like a good reason to go with a down comforter then. yes?
Especially if you suffer from allergies!
franzen snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Take two sheets, sew them together to make a giant blanket-case?

We have this one. No shedding at all. http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID $4892&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

One night sparks were flashing in the dark from my electric blanket. I threw it out in the back yard. Never used one again. Don't wanna have a fire.
On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:54:39 -0700, "franzen snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

You could go with an electric mattress pad instead. It goes under the bottom sheet. I actually prefer the warmth coming from below. The one we have (probably sunbeam) has a preheat button that turns it to high for a few minutes before automatically returning to the setting. One of us just hits the preheat buttons before getting changed for bed and it's all toasty by the time we hit the sheets.
HTH,
Paul F.
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:56:40 -0400, Paul Franklin

Would it work to put the shedding electric blanket under the bottom sheet?

Mark Lloyd