Controls for electric blanket

The setting is set to high for the blanket but the temp is nothing like it used to be, more like the low setting temp. The temp is adjusted by a rotating dial 1-9.
If I can get the control apart as there are no visible screws to seperate so maybe a press fit, what should I look for (if it is electronic I will bin them) as a possible cause?

Its unlikely to be the control, much more likely to be the blanket itself.

How old is the blanket? Probably more likely that you have a dead element circuit in the blanket itself. Of course I could be wrong but I think a new blanket will be the simplest solution (if not the most satisfying from a DIY POV).
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On Sunday, 6 November 2016 22:05:23 UTC, Tim+ wrote:

+1 fwiw
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hot water bottle.

Fools rush in where fools have been before.
On 07/11/2016 00:29, Gordon Freeman wrote:

Ok thanks for the replies, looks like a new blanket....wife doesnt think I am warm enough :-)
On 06/11/2016 21:31, ss wrote:

I opened a faulty controller[1] with multiple heat settings and 2 timer settings. It had a PCB with microchips. I retired in good order (as I never got my head around electronics, let alone microelectronics); but in bad odour with the owner who thought I could fix stuff.
[1] evidence that the fault was in the controller - not the blanket: swapping it with the controller from t'other side of the double blanket swapped the side with the problem.
--
Robin
On 06/11/2016 21:31, ss wrote:

wow didn't know these were still around ... last one I saw was in the 70's