no glue vinyl

Is it any good? Waste of money? I cant find a lot of good reviews on it, but my Menard's says they arent even going to carry glue-on vinyl anymore because everyone ncluding contractors love the no glue. Anyone have experience with either the sheet type or the tongue & groove tile type? Which kind?
Joe wrote:

at doorways? I'd have trouble trusting totally no-glue, unless it was super-thick and stiff. Does it have a tacky no-slip backing like commercial carpet tiles or something? (I note that at work, they sometimes have to cheat and add dabs of glue to those, where the keep moving around, like in doorways and where people make sharp turns on them.)
But having said that- 60-70 years ago, when poor folk had painted wood floors, linoleum 'area rugs' for kitchens were quite common. Even as a kid in the 60s, I saw a lot of them demoted to garage floor duty when the kitchen got redone.
-- aem sends...

I used 'Loose Lay' vinyl to cover my computer work station desk. If it's made to walk and drag chairs around on, what can go wrong on a desk:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joearnold/2053802734/sizes/o /
I also put it on my wet bar on the other side of the same room: http://www.flickr.com/photos/joearnold/3099873544/sizes/o /
Then I used scraps for kitchen cabinet and drawer liners. Great stuff.

I'm shocked, just shocked. You only have nine monitors. How can you possibly work with so few? -- I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets. They were all gourmands!
On Thu, 07 May 2009 14:00:23 -0700, Daniel Prince

Maybe he has picture in picture in a few monitors. My question is what does Joe do, when he is not installing no glue vinyl.

I tear out my water damaged OSB floor and replace it with plywood so i can lay no glue vinyl, if I decide to.
In article

My kitchen floor is no-glue sheet vinyl, I've had it going on 20 years and it is fine. All I did was staple it around the edges where the molding would hide the staples.
--
Dennis

DT wrote:

being snarky- a new kitchen floor is one of the things on the list for this place, once more-urgent stuff gets done. I'm lousy at pattern cutting, so I'll probably hire it out, just want to know what to expect.
-- aem sends...

Good question, because my dining room is 14 feet wide where it turns into a hallway and the rolls are only 12. I may use one of the tongue and groove vinyl types for the dining room because of that...

Sheet vinyl or vinyl tile?

Both. Either one. Both are economical compared to other options..

Ask at HD about tape down sheet vinyl. I learned about it a couple of years ago. They use a double-sided clear tape. The trick is the floor prep and install, so you must have an installer that knows his business. It was a nice install, at a condo belonging to a neighbor.
Someone that installs floor goods every day would be a good place to ask.
te:

I am the installer. I'm asking for advice on a newsgroup from a bunch of people I dont even know. Does this sound like someone who knows his business? :)

I used a good brand from HD, I forgot the name but it looks like stone, for 10 kitchens in 07, its been fine. Mine needed the floor primed and you had to use the 100lb steel roller to break the seal and activate the 2 part Epoxy. If you dont roll what I bought the warranty is void. 2 part glue - epoxy that you break a seal seems to be the way to go, the apts are abused with excess washing water and have held fine.