Nice reference here

In case anyone else is reading this, having similar problems, or would just like to know how it works, I came across the following document on the Web that seems pretty well done...cheers.
http://www.zamacarb.com/pdfs/TechGuideSO.pdf
With all the time and money you spent on a new carb you should get a pro to look at it. You could have a 5 min fix like a cracked hose or bad gasket letting in air. I dought the filter is your problem. And a second new carb is not your answer as i dought the first replacement was necessary. There is not much to cleaning them.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in message

I really didn't mind the time; as stated in my original post, I enjoy tinkering with stuff like this. I agree with you about not buying the second carb...should have investigated a little more before that move.
Can't see how a leaking gasket and/or cracked hose would *prevent* the primer from drawing gas through the carburetor, though. Sure seems clogged to me. But then I'm not a "pro".
Thanks for your post...
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:06:40 -0700, Mr. Land wrote

Correct URL, here:
http://www.zamacarb.com/pdfs/TechguideSO.pdf
(Darn those case-sensitive URLs!)