New sink/DW and draining?

Hi all, I recently had a new D/W, sink and countertops installed. The sink only had 2 holes (faucet and soap dispenser) so we nixed the air gap. We were told that we didn't need it. I previously had an air gap. The D/W installers took out the "Y" connection and ran the line from the D/ W directly into the disposal. (Same disposal as before). I know that the air gap is used to prevent backflow into the D/W....but since the install I have noticed a weird problem. My sink doesn't always drain so well (doesn't always happen). In order to get it to drain better I have to shove something into the drain or turn on the disposal. It is almost as if there is a big air bubble that causes this. Can this be cause by the exclusion of an air gap? If so, I can try out one of those combo soap dispenser air gaps. I know someone will ask, but the problem isn't food that is backed up in the disposal.
Thanks, Dino

Hi Dino,
Make sure the dishwasher drain hose has a loop and doesn't just go straight down into the disposer. That should work similar to what airgap does, although having an airgap is better.
APP Forum Admin forum.appliancepartspros.com
The manual for your dishwasher should have detailed information on how to place your hose.
Mine is setup like yours and it works fine.
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:22:26 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

What do you shove into the drain? Do you mean food scraps or something else? What do you mean "shove"?

I can't imagine that it is. You're talking aobug when the DW isn't even running, right?

You have a venting promblem how long is the drain run