Carpet in the kitchen....

I am renting a home that has carpet in the kitchen for some odd reason. I was wondering if there is something I can place over the carpet other than just a rug that will protect this area. Maybe some sort of hard plastic mat, I am not sure what would work. The area in question is about 8'x6'. Thanks.

Reply to
sonofabitchsky

I had kitchen carpet many moons ago. Was a real PITA to keep clean. Try a dog, cat, and 3 kids...

How about one of those plastic things you put under an office chair (clear) to keep from trashing the carpet? The flexible kinds comes in long strips/rolls as well.

Check your local "big box" store, or an office supply house.

Reply to
professorpaul

Or I think a carpet store for the runners. Two widths would cover the whole thing.

Reply to
mm

Reply to
noname87

Yep, carpet in a kitchen has to be the stupidest thing going. We had an apartment with it. Disposal blew up and pumped garbage all over the floor. We walked "squish" for 2 weeks.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I agree. Just seems plain lazy to install this. But, like I said, it's a rental. It looks like a indoor/outdoor berber type, but I am not sure.

Reply to
sonofabitchsky

I used to know an indoor/outdoor Berber. His mother wouldn't let him go outside as a child, but he rebelled when he was 12.

Reply to
mm

Yeah, isn't he the guy who did Silky Pony's $400 'do?

Reply to
clifto

Reply to
Hopkins

I have seen this. Not sure how well it will hold up. Maybe I will check out the plastic runners with the 'spikes' on the bottom.

Reply to
sonofabitchsky