New Sink 1/4 inch tubing connections

I having trouble connecting a new sink. The 1/2 inch connectors are okay, but the 1/4 inch tubing from the (single-control handle) faucet to itself leaks, and I'm afraid I'll twist and break the tubing if I turn it too much, since there's nothing to hold the tubing while I turn the nut. Was it a mistake to buy this sink with it's 1/4 inch connectors, or should I just keep tightening it fearlessly?

What Kind of fitting is it ? Is it metal tubing . !/4" seems small. Who makes it?
Not clear what the situation is- is this the faucet you took off the old sink? Perhaps you torqued the tubing in the process?

The 1/4 inch seems small to me, too. It's a connector out of the faucet and goes back into it. It's marked Jameco/CBM.

It's a new faucet in a new sink. I haven't torqued the tubing yet, but maybe I was too careful. It doesn't leak when the faucet is turned off, but when I turn on the water into the sink, it starts spraying from the 1/4 inch connector tube, a one-foot metallic tube than joins two small copper tubes coming out of the control valve (one metal gizmo that controls flow and hot/cold).
I'm guessing it's a compression fitting. You should not have to hold the tube , if the fitting is two pieces you should be able to get a wrench on each half and then tighten. Do not let the tube spin or it will twist and crimp. I can't see it to know for sure.
wrote in news:1145054793.612793.269340

I could grip the tube itself with a robogrip pliers, I suppose, but it's not a good grip. The tube doesn't offer anything better on the top side of the connection. It will twist and crimp, I don't doubt, if I get too strong with it. But too weak and it leaks. That's why I am thinking I bought a turkey sink, and should just get another one with proper 1/2 inch connectors for hot and cold.