Neighbor dog problem

Page 7 of 8
LS wrote:

I am SOOOOOO glad I don't have neighbors.
-- dadiOH _____________________________

in backyard

nonstop. She's a

year. She

the street. She

lives. Our

called the police

her house & the

don't know how to

Find out what your local laws are. Where I am, animal control is the organization to contact. The law here (Seattle) is that if dog barking bothers you, it is the owners responsibility to solve the problem. Talk to the owner politely about the problem. Record the time and substance of the conversation. Then, if your local authorities and laws support you, make the appropriate complaints, on a regular basis. Where I am, it takes regular, written complaints, each listing 6 "violations", to get the animal control people to write a ticket. They do "notify" the owner with each complaint. Record every incident you can. I keep pencil and paper by the bed so I can log barking that wakes me right then. This allows me to get back to sleep quicker, as I don't worry about forgetting the time or incident.
Getting other neighbors to sign your complaints seems to help get the police moving.
Current, my problem neighbor is being better about keeping her dogs inside, but it has been a process of 4 years of complaints to get here.
Hopefully, your neighbor will be more cooperative.
Bob
040607 1327 - Bob posted:

Or, you could put a microphone near where the dog barks and connect it through an amplifier to a large horn type speaker aimed at her house, and when the dog barks, turn on the amplifier and the sound will blast her out of her house.
Bob, thank you for your very helpful information.
Karen
How about dogs deficating on your grass or trees ?? I could never understand a dog owner saying :' Good boy , good boy" while they watch their dog do that on someone elses property, then casually walk off whistling a tune....

never
they watch

off
Where I live, it's a $75 ticket. Go say hello to the dog., read the license #, and report them. Or, follow them home to get an address.
Bob
'How about dogs deficating on your grass or trees ?? I could never understand a dog owner saying :' Good boy , good boy" while they watch their dog do that on someone elses property, then casually walk off whistling a tune.... BOB: Where I live, it's a $75 ticket. Go say hello to the dog., read the license #, and report them. Or, follow them home to get an address. Bob'
ME: Im sure that in my village , dog owners are supposed to clean up after their dog, but, ive seen maybe twice ...an owner picking up the feces from anothers yard. I know that theres a leash law here...but alot of good that will do if the dog owner lets his dog/encourages his dog to dump on your property. I had this discussion with another DG, and one guy had the audacity to tell me :"Well, it makes for good fertilizer" ; right...a 4 inch high pile of feces in a 3" diameter circle makes for good lawn fertilizer . Dog owners, by and large, are not considerate of others concerning thier dogs ; they expect everyone else to fall in love with the thing because they love it. Then...(while im at it...), how about when youre in someones house and they have a dog who wants to lick your face , when you know that many dogs stick thier noses in each others feces ??? Then, if youre not nice to Vido...its owner takes offense. I havent the time of day for dogs...and nearly ALL of their owners. Sorry, but, they should both live on farms.
What happens if you return the favor, just drop trou and bombs away?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (KRusso6984) wrote in message

Move
Wish we could, but we can't afford to. And besides, we were here first(10 yrs) & I love my home & don't really want to.

backyard
She's a

She
police
the
how to

Microphone, powerful amplifier and a digital delay playback arrangement.....
Around 500 ~ 750 millisecond delay should do the trick quite nicely.
--

SVL

Some of these recommendations, while I doubt they are sincere, and just plain EVIL! ;-|
Another good trick is to buy a bag of rawhide chews. When the little yapper starts in, toss one over the fence and the dog will be entertained. The smaller the dog and the larger the rawhide, the longer your peace and quiet will last.

She
&
arrangement.....

wouldn't that just train the dog to bark when it wants a rawhide?
--
be safe.
flip

Give it a rawhide with a surprise inside
--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
message

street.
Our
the
house
know
But all the correct answers were already taken.........
<G>
====== If at all possible, suggest always try and work things out with your neighbors without taking or even threatening legal action--by and large, most folks are reasonable people so long as you dont go in with an attitude that is likely to ruffle their feathers from the get go.
And the police generally have more important things they could be doing besides trying to resolve a dispute you might well have been able to take care of yourself by simply drumming up the courage to discuss the situation in a non-combative manner with the offending party.
--

SVL

'Absolutely EVERYTHING you suggested is a felony, especially opening a gate and letting someone's animals loose. '
ME: I find this hard to believe that its considered "a Felony". Can u prove this please ?
The first rule in this situation is to NOT complain to anyone - if you complain, and THEN the dog ends up stiff in their back yard, guess who they'll come looking for? If it's a big enough problem for you, use the valium or horse tranks inside a piece of meat - problem over . . .

I must gently disagree. They are just as likely to buy yet another yippy dog to replace the last one. They seem to like the present yippy dog, why not get another?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
HVAC IsFun wrote:

gate and letting someone's animals loose. '

prove this please ?
Dave, Please dont advertise such tripe. Its wrong and you know it. Now....listen to your conscience which God has given you and abandon immoral forms of revenge.