Neighbor dog problem

never

they watch

off

Where I live, it's a $75 ticket. Go say hello to the dog., read the license #, and report them. Or, follow them home to get an address.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

From the original message:

"She doesn't really want a "friendly" relationship with anyone on the street. ... I know someone called the police one morning in February because I saw the cop car in front of her house & the dog was outside barking like crazy."

It appears the cops have been there once and the situation was not corrected. I might also suggest that if any one neighbor was to talk to her and then the cops showed up, she would then likely take it out on the neighbor, even if they did not call.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

- KRusso6984 -

- Nehmo - I understand. I have some experience with Klonopin

- Banty - Can you say "ad-hominem"?

- Nehmo - The topic under discussion is OP's objection to a neighbor's dog barking. OP believes this interferes with her sleep. OP's use of the strong benzodiazepine, Klonopin, is not only relevant, but central to the problem.

Do you believe Klonopin would have no effect on her sleep and her irascibility?

Ask about the drug in news:alt.drugs.hard (and mention OP's unorthodox dosing regime). People who use, or have used, the drug will respond.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

I'd suggest talking with the dog's owner and explaining that you would like to not hear the dog barking between 10 pm and 7 am (or whatever other reasonable times you choose.) If the owner respects your reasonable request the problem is solved.

Step 2, which will unfortunately occur in my experience, is to talk with your local government to determine if they have an existing ordinance that addresses noise from dogs, or noise as a public nuisance. If they do then proceed accordingly. Where I am the first step is to contact the animal control officer who will make contact with the owner and explain the ordinance to them. If this is disregarded then the next step is for you to sign a formal complaint with the city attorney who will then start the ball rolling to compel the owner by formally citing them and having them answer the complaint in court. You may also have to appear.

If there is no ordinance then you will need to contact an attorney who can advise you on how to proceed. You do have a right to a night's sleep and will get it.

It's a shame that because some people don't care for their dogs that this sort of aggravation is created but they cause it.

Good luck.

RB

KRusso6984 wrote:

Reply to
RB

But all the correct answers were already taken.........

=======

If at all possible, suggest always try and work things out with your neighbors without taking or even threatening legal action--by and large, most folks are reasonable people so long as you dont go in with an attitude that is likely to ruffle their feathers from the get go.

And the police generally have more important things they could be doing besides trying to resolve a dispute you might well have been able to take care of yourself by simply drumming up the courage to discuss the situation in a non-combative manner with the offending party.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

dog

of the

central to

her

My neighbor's dog barking woke me up 4-7 days a week. Yes, I got irritable, especially after talking to her and getting no interest in solving the problem. I didn't need drugs to get irritable. What I needed was sleep, and my neighbor's dog was denying me that. Your assumption that drug use is the problem is a huge leap from the stated problem. It kind of sounds like the kind of excuse an inconsiderate dog owner would make to avoid being a responsible dog owner.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

But this is still irrelevant. Are you suggesting that, if there was no use of this drug, a dog bark would *not* be a problem during one's sleeping time? Especially one so common as 6:30 in the morning?

If the OP stated that a sleeping problem led to sleeping, say, 14 hours a day such that a dog bark at 10:00 was a problem, perhaps you'd have a teensy point (a very teensy one - "quiet enjoyment" translates to much more than "I can sleep the hours I need but that's all the quiet I should expect"), but that is not the case.

As for irascibility, that's where you're getting into an ad-hominem argument. As in "you're grouchy anyway that's why you're wrong".

Your statements come from an unfortnately common attitude which underlies many of these dog-owner lack of consideration issues - the notion that, if everyone was just laid back and kewl and didn't get uptight, dogs could go barking all over the place and it woudln't be a problem for anyone because nobody would be bothered. WRONG. Dog barking *is* a disturbance, an unecessary imposition that a dog owner places on neighbors. Therefore it is to be minimized.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

- Bob -

- Nehmo - If I hear about a car wreck and try to figure out how it happened, my reasoning may go in any number of directions. If, however, I learn that the driver was drinking, then that direction deserves special consideration.

I recognize your own problem with a barking dog makes you feel camaraderie with Karen, but all such problems don't have the same mechanics. When someone complains of not sleeping and also takes Klonopin on an unusual schedule (and I'm not recommending any schedule), there's an obvious connection.

In many ways, Klonopin is the worse drug out there. It's very addictive, makes people irritable/mean, violent, physically inaccurate (like drunk) and warps their memory.

On the other hand, it makes the user feel good.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

"Lost-In-Translation" wrote in news:n3lxc.6761$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Y'know,some people believe that if there are no complaints,then there is no problem.(that others don't mind or don't hear the barking) That's why you (the OP)should talk to her first,and give her a chance to correct the problem.

Wouldn't any of you folks expect the same courtesy?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Wish we could, but we can't afford to. And besides, we were here first(10 yrs) & I love my home & don't really want to.

Reply to
KRusso6984

Where did you get all that information about me from?

Reply to
KRusso6984

So a barking dog at 6:30 in the morning wouldn't bother you?

Reply to
KRusso6984

One last message. I linked to the site you have in this post & I didn't post all those responses. Some, but not all. Just thought you should know.

Reply to
KRusso6984

Bob,

Thank you so much for your reply. I only take 1 mg Klonopin, usually less than that, every night. The problem is still my neighbor letting her dog out at

6:30 am.
Reply to
KRusso6984

He got it from *you*. *You* put it out on the internet for the entire world to see.

Just do a Google search on yourself, like this:

Good heavens, woman! What were you thinking?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Holy Crap....the only thing missing there is her bra size, and if someone dug harder IT might be there too....

SHEEEEESH

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

Someone named snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) Proclaimed on Wed, 09 Jun 2004 00:18:08 GMT,

What do you wanna bet her bank card PIN # is 6984?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Give it a rawhide with a surprise inside

Reply to
Nick Hull

Might be. I had figured on it being her date of birth, until I saw one of the posts in which she referred to her age (suggesting a birth year in the early

1960s).

Or perhaps it's descriptive of, say, a personal preference. (But what's "84"?)

Reply to
Doug Miller

When I was a child our neighbor had a dog with an annoying bark. It went yap-yap-yap continuously. One day it went yap-yap-bang. It never made another sound.

Reply to
Nick Hull