Neighbor dog problem

Page 4 of 8
- Bob -

- Nehmo - If I hear about a car wreck and try to figure out how it happened, my reasoning may go in any number of directions. If, however, I learn that the driver was drinking, then that direction deserves special consideration.
I recognize your own problem with a barking dog makes you feel camaraderie with Karen, but all such problems don't have the same mechanics. When someone complains of not sleeping and also takes Klonopin on an unusual schedule (and I'm not recommending any schedule), there's an obvious connection.
In many ways, Klonopin is the worse drug out there. It's very addictive, makes people irritable/mean, violent, physically inaccurate (like drunk) and warps their memory.
On the other hand, it makes the user feel good.
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

So _THAT'S_ what was wrong with my first wife! :)
-- dadiOH _____________________________
Bob,
Thank you so much for your reply. I only take 1 mg Klonopin, usually less than that, every night. The problem is still my neighbor letting her dog out at 6:30 am.
- KRusso6984-

less than

out at

- Nehmo - That dose is not so low that it's below a level of causing emotional problems. That's too high a dose to be driving too.
This is going to be blunt, Karen, but benzo addicts aren't concerned with others. They're similar to alcoholics it a way, self-absorbed and blaming everybody but themselves for everything. Nice people turn into monsters on benzos.
But I don't expect you to quit. Benzo addicts don't want to quit. And even if they *did* collect the presence of mind to want to quit, they would experience a fierce physical withdrawal when they tried. Typically, the only time they quit is when they end up in jail or another institution.
The only advice I can offer, considering you're not going to quit, is to try to keep in check your criticism and anger toward others. Just decide you're not going to get mad at your neighbor or your other acquaintances. When you're on those pills, you can't trust your own judgment regarding when to get mad.
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

But this is still irrelevant. Are you suggesting that, if there was no use of this drug, a dog bark would *not* be a problem during one's sleeping time? Especially one so common as 6:30 in the morning?
If the OP stated that a sleeping problem led to sleeping, say, 14 hours a day such that a dog bark at 10:00 was a problem, perhaps you'd have a teensy point (a very teensy one - "quiet enjoyment" translates to much more than "I can sleep the hours I need but that's all the quiet I should expect"), but that is not the case.
As for irascibility, that's where you're getting into an ad-hominem argument. As in "you're grouchy anyway that's why you're wrong".
Your statements come from an unfortnately common attitude which underlies many of these dog-owner lack of consideration issues - the notion that, if everyone was just laid back and kewl and didn't get uptight, dogs could go barking all over the place and it woudln't be a problem for anyone because nobody would be bothered. WRONG. Dog barking *is* a disturbance, an unecessary imposition that a dog owner places on neighbors. Therefore it is to be minimized.
Banty
- Banty -

no use of

time?
- Nehmo - To return to my auto-wreck analogy, if there were a wreck with the driver being drunk, it's possible, the wreck would still have happened if the driver were not drunk. Nonetheless, since the driver was drunk, that condition is subject to attention and most likely, it's to blame.
Klonopin (and to a lesser degree, other benzos) is a major factor in the life of anybody doing it. If Karen weren't on any benzos, the dog probably wouldn't bother her. If she remains on benzos, and if the dog disappeared, Karen would then find something else to be upset about.
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Phooey. It's like a bridge collapsed on a drunk driver. It would have collapsed on a sober driver too.
Most people would be bothered by a dog barking very early in the morning.

Are you a child of a drug abuser or something?? Because you're inordaniately fixated on this. (And Karen is inordinately compliant in defending herself to you - pretty classic.)
Banty
- Nehmo -

the
dog
- Banty -

- Nehmo - Didn't you just make a post about ad hominem?
- Banty -

- Nehmo - I made a argument based on my knowledge and backed it up. How is that acting inordinately?
But yes, I personally know people who have suffered a great deal because of Klonopin.
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

It's not an ad hominem. It's curiosity. I'm not arguing "Nehmo has x personal characteristic, therefore what he writes is y". But I have made some observations.

Because your blaming a common complaint like one against early-hour dog barking on a drug is not only illogical, your continuing to harp on it is unusual. But it's illogical whether or not you have any particular fixation - it doesn't really matter here. But it's that you persist (and dont' really respond to the logical point) that tells me there's a fixation.

Now see.
Banty
- Nehmo -

- Banty -

dog barking

unusual.
- Nehmo - I'm posting to a thread; that's not harping; that's how it works.
In her previous posts, she says she has a history of insomnia.
In her original post of this thread she makes critical, gossipy comments about the neighbor and mentions the dog too. It could even have a different subject line: "I hate my neighbor."
She hasn't even spoke to her neighbor about this problem, and I wonder if she's ever spoken to her at all.
She is a benzo addict. Benzo addicts are irritable. Even the addicts themselves will admit that. As I suggested before, ask in news:alt.drugs.hard . See what the users say about it.
She works at the worst government organization I can think of.
Ergo: The dog is not the problem. It's just an excuse to launch a complaint.
- Banty -

doesn't
respond to the

- Nehmo - So if I respond to your post, it means I'm fixated?
- Nehmo -

because
- Banty -

- Nehmo - You're implying that I'm hiding the basis, my personal knowledge and experiences, for my position. But in fact, in my first post in this thread, I told one story about a serious injury caused by someone on Klonopin. I could tell more stories too.
********************* * Nehmo Sergheyev * *********************

Which is the classic ad-hominem argument and fallacy. Yours is pretty amazing - not only is it the sleeping drug you discount her posts for, it's where she works! (Karen - nuts like this is one of many good reasons to keep your info private.)
Before I abandon my probably quixotic effort to reason with you, let me see if I can get one - just one little eetsy beetsy - straight answer from you?
Do you think that anybody should be bothered by a dog barking when they're sleeping?
How about if it's at a time when *many* people are sleeping?
Over to you..
Banty
- Nehmo -

- Banty -

- Nehmo - Ad hominem is when you attack the person making the argument rather than the merits of the argument.
- Banty -

- Nehmo - Benzos aren't really sleeping drugs. They are mislabeled as minor tranquilizers too. What they really are, are recreational intoxicants. True, they reduce anxiety temporarily and are anti-spasmodic, but people take them to get high.
Klonopin is the strongest of the benzos. It's so strong, that the effective dose often isn't large enough to show up in a urine test. And this is why many Klonopin-caused auto wrecks often aren't correctly attributed to it. And that's only part of the problem.
- Banty -

your info

- Nehmo - Actually, most people who work for the children's part of DCF have unlisted numbers. If I worked there, I sure wouldn't tell anyone.
One time I had a DFS (contract) supervisor, Susan Fillmore, scream at me because I took a picture with a flash in the same room as she was in. (I didn't actually take a picture of her or even in her direction.) She was afraid she might be in the background or something. This is how guilty and scared these people are.
- Banty -

me see if I

they're
- Nehmo - I, personally, would never complain about a dog bark, but my own dogs are trained with the "quiet" command. The strays that we take in turn out to be naturally quiet. They've learned to keep a low profile.
In a residential neighborhood, a dog owner should keep their dog's barking reasonable.
Now, if you lived in a residential neighborhood, would you want a crabby DCF Klonopin-addict neighbor next door? Would you want them driving a car on the same street as you?
I would rather have almost anybody else as a neighbor.
And why doesn't Karen's husband want to get involved? Maybe he understands what's going on.
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

I suspect I'm lucky I don't have you as a neighbor. I'd certainly not enjoy the response when I talked to you about your dogs barking.
Bob
- Nehmo -

- Bob -

- Nehmo - I hate to rewrite your whole post just to figure out what you're saying, but do you mean that you suspect you would not like me for a neighbor because my dogs would bark and you would confront me and I would give you a non-enjoyable response?
If that's what you're saying, none of that's happened. You're accusing me of hypothetical fiction. Then again, you might be saying something else. You're welcome to clarify.
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

I am not a crabby "benzo addict." My other neighbors can attest to that. I've never exhibited violent behavior - ever. Not even in private. All I wanted was some suggestions on how to handle this situation, & I'm accused of being a drug addict capable of violent behavior, etc. BTW, I don't work for DCF anymore : )))
- KRusso6984 -

that.
- Nehmo - I'm in downtown Kansas City, Kansas. Every morning at about 4:30 for I don't know how long, some low-flying fighter planes cross over. Millions of people across the world live next to industry or highways. A lot of Chicago is within ear-shot of the el. Much of the world (even right here) hears gunshots so often, they are ignored.
Many people *wish* they had your problem. A non-crabby person would have a good-natured attitude about it. Look at your original post; what's the tone of it?
Klonopin makes you crabby. It's better to admit that to yourself and then with precaution, watch your own behavior accordingly.
- KRusso6984 -

- Nehmo - Well, you *are* a drug addict. There's no getting around that. You can live with that if you want, but there's no point in being dishonest to yourself about it.
As for violence, I don't know. But I do know that benzos make many non-violent people violent. The first step to keep yourself from going that way is to watch your own attitude. If you get mad as somebody, exercise restraint. Perhaps simply tell yourself to not be mad.
- KRusso6984 -

- Nehmo - Excellent! Excellent! The turnover there is pretty high. Like a lot of people, you probably didn't know what you were getting into when you hired on.
--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *
(KRusso6984) wrote:

Karen, you're wasting your time -- Nehmo has a burr up his arse about Klonopin for some reason, and you'll never persuade him that it's not the cause of all your problems in life.
Several people have already given you good advice: talk to your neighbor in a nice, non-threatening way, and see where that gets you.
Don't bother. If the dog is barking, and can be verified by a cop at the street, your medication status is of no interest except to the poster that wants to fuss at you about it.

information,
me -

ever
This thread needs to die now. It got way out of hand, way off topic, and turned into a spectacle that definitely belongs on some other group.