Neighbor dog problem

Page 2 of 8

Well, you have a point.
But unfortunately, it's the *O.P.* that needs a crystal ball to determine if talking to the neighbor would:
1. Result in an amicable solution. 2. Result in a less-than amicable solution, and the neighbor would be pegged as a complainer, and perceived 'likely culprit' should anyone *else* do the dog in (or anything, really).
So one has to guess best one can, based on the evidence one has. Such as - we have here a person that thinks it's perfectly OK to let their dog bark at 6:30 am. Would the interaction be in category 1., or category 2., based on that? Hard to tell for sure, but IME it's the most egregious violations that are the least well addressed by a friendly talk. Because the violator's "F.U." attitude is pretty much evident already.
Banty
On 08 Jun 2004 00:39:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (KRusso6984) wrote:

You could knock on her door and give her a plate of brownies. That will let her know right off the bat you are on friendly terms. Unless she is very inconsiderate, it WILL work. Speak with a calm voice.
I had to quit my night-shift job due to dogs barking. It was easier to get another job than to move.
Most important thing to remember is that the problem needs to be the neighbor's problem, not yours. People have the legal right to what's called "quiet enjoyment". A barking dog is a well-known condition, and laws have been created to keep it from being your problem. A reminder of the process at http://www.lawhog.com/c/RealEstate/Neighbors%20and%20Noise%20FAQ.htm
Specifics regarding dog at http://www.5dca.org/Opinions/Opin2001/052801/5D00-3419.pdf

I'm not the expert on this but the only time I've ever called the authorities on anyone in my life was because of the yappring dog three doors down. I had a list of numbers to call from our little neighborhood newspaper and the # was Animal Control for this sort of offense. The guy next door was also ticked off and we called on the same day. Has it improved? A little. Is there still yapping? Yes, for a couple of hours today. We will probably have to call again. But the woman I talked to on the phone gave me the third degree and asked me a ton of questions. These people have a high fence and I have not seen the dog so could not tell her what breed it was or its size. I guess I have to walk down the alley and peek in the yard. I know my neighbor will probably call again soon. I'm sure Animal Control has to deal with lots of cranks and then the dog-owners who want to fight them when they get citations for their obnoxious dogs. It's not yapping now.
This is in Denver.
Go Pistons!

Someone named snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (KRusso6984) Proclaimed on 07 Jun 2004 00:25:01 GMT,

Antifreeze. Put a bowl of it near the fence so the dog has access to it.

to have pets!

OK, put the A/F in beer bottles and leave on neighbors porch
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:29:18 GMT, "Lost-In-Translation"

WRONG !!
It's the dogs barking that's a nusiance.
The owner isn't barking at all !
Besides, I don't think you could get the owner to drink anti-freeze.
<rj>
Actually, it is my neighbor that's the problem, not the dog. The dog is only doing what dogs do naturally, but thanks for the support.
Someone named snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (KRusso6984) Proclaimed on 08 Jun 2004 00:46:06 GMT,

So are you going to kill the dog or not???
Dogs like chocolate. If the neighbor wont cooperate get some exlax and toss it over the fence shortly before the dog is brought into the house. Several hours later the neighbor will be quite busy. One of my former coworkers claimed this solved his problem when all else fails
'Several hours later the neighbor will be quite busy. '
ME: Silent revenge.
HVAC IsFun spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Hippocrite.
NOI
HVAC IsFun wrote:

Dave, Please dont advertise such tripe. Its wrong and you know it. Now....listen to your conscience which God has given you and abandon immoral forms of revenge, you hypocritical bastard.
Well, not quite silent. But I can't make the noise into a NG message.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

But then what? Will the neighbor make the connections - dog-sick:must-be-neighbor:neighbor-has-legit-grievance:I'll-stop-dog-from-barking?
Somehow that seems unlikely.
You'll most likely get - dog-sick
You *may* get - dog-sick:must-be-neighbor:I-have-rotten-neighbor
....which pretty much forever for the future preclude the neighbor making the connection: neighbor-has-legit-grievance:I'll-stop-dog-from-barking
In other words, that will get you nowhere, or put you backwards.
Unless you dont' care if the dog barks, you just want your jollies.
Banty
Hmm. Dog sick. Got to get another dog in the meantime.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Hamburger with horse tranquilizers. She will just think the dog is dead...
Bluesman

Put it in a Midori bottle.