Neighbor dog problem

Our city has a no barking ordinance. They are not allowed to bark for any reason other then someone breaking into your home.

I called the police for 2 weeks straight. The animal control for 3 days straight. They fined him twice. Had two put to sleep. He's now down to 2 and theyboth have bark collars. It's very quiet around here now.

LS

PS You do become annoying to the police and I tell them I'll see ya tomorrow when I call and I do. They asked permission to sit in my back yard and I let them. The first hour of barking the guy had a ticket and both dogs impounded.

Reply to
LS

You have to wonder why the animal should suffer because of an irresponsible owner. Dogs barking nonstop like that are just wanting attention, they want to be with their people, no shut away from them for hours on end.

I had a neighbor who couldn't control her little dog digging it's way out of the fenced yard to get into mine to play with my dogs. She finally put concrete around the base of her chain link fence so it couldn't dig. Then, the dog quickly learned to climb the fence. It wanted company, it did not like to be alone. She tried to be a good pet owner but it just didn't work.

I gave her a resolution to the problem and she agreed.

The dog is now mine.

Reply to
Lost-In-Translation

years ago. I was

This neighbour

letting it

off to work,

That was the

either.

I only wish that it had worked with mine. She said "dogs bark" and implied that it was my problem.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

in backyard

nonstop. She's a

year. She

the street. She

lives. Our

called the police

her house & the

don't know how to

Find out what your local laws are. Where I am, animal control is the organization to contact. The law here (Seattle) is that if dog barking bothers you, it is the owners responsibility to solve the problem. Talk to the owner politely about the problem. Record the time and substance of the conversation. Then, if your local authorities and laws support you, make the appropriate complaints, on a regular basis. Where I am, it takes regular, written complaints, each listing 6 "violations", to get the animal control people to write a ticket. They do "notify" the owner with each complaint. Record every incident you can. I keep pencil and paper by the bed so I can log barking that wakes me right then. This allows me to get back to sleep quicker, as I don't worry about forgetting the time or incident.

Getting other neighbors to sign your complaints seems to help get the police moving.

Current, my problem neighbor is being better about keeping her dogs inside, but it has been a process of 4 years of complaints to get here.

Hopefully, your neighbor will be more cooperative.

Bob

Reply to
Bob
040607 1327 - Bob posted:

Or, you could put a microphone near where the dog barks and connect it through an amplifier to a large horn type speaker aimed at her house, and when the dog barks, turn on the amplifier and the sound will blast her out of her house.

Reply to
indago

- Lost-In-Translation-

- Nehmo - Correct. And this NG must be filled with a bunch of crabby geriatrics. They want to call the cops and retaliate by other means just because of a dog barking. Dogs and their barking are part of a normal residential neighborhood. If you want silence, die.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

I have 2 dogs. My neighbor at the back has 2, and the one beside tem has one and the one on the other side has 2. My neighbor at one side has 2 cats. We all let our dogs out in the morning before we go to work and there are NO barking. All those dogs do not even bark at my neighbor's cat. So, there can be peace if the dog owner just take time to train its dog.

Reply to
Kelly

WRONG !!

It's the dogs barking that's a nusiance.

The owner isn't barking at all !

Besides, I don't think you could get the owner to drink anti-freeze.

Reply to
Anonymous

I used to have a neighbor that had 17 large dogs and we live in the city. Animal Control refused to do anything about the barking unless I could get two other neighbors to sign a paper. When I approached other neighbors, they all disliked the night-time barking (and the smell!) but said that it was in their best interest not to take any action. The neighbor never picked up the waste, and I guess I was fortunate the wind usually blows from the west. The houseflies were so bad that I stopped using the deck.

Reply to
Phisherman

Yes, a dog barking at 6:30 am is a bit much for me to handle. I was going to talk to her, but a security guard at work advised against it, saying the conversation could be either pleasant or extremely unpleasant. My husband will not get involved in talking to her either.

Reply to
KRusso6984

KRusso6984

Actually, it is my neighbor that's the problem, not the dog. The dog is only doing what dogs do naturally, but thanks for the support.

Reply to
KRusso6984

Are you being sarcastic? I don't understand.

Reply to
KRusso6984

I know it is illegal to harm someone's pet. Did I say anything about harming it??? I love animals too you know! I just would like her to wait until at least 7:30 before she lets her dog out for the day or however long she lets her out for. I'm still in bed at 6:30 am.

Reply to
KRusso6984

I don't want to hear a dog barking at 6:30 in the morning. Or after 10 pm. It's just a little thing I have called wanting to be able to sleep in peace.

Reply to
KRusso6984

I like my neighbor - never said otherwise. The barking does bother me because I am still in bed at 6:30 in the morning - why else would I have posted to this NG???

Reply to
KRusso6984

Bob, thank you for your very helpful information.

Karen

Reply to
KRusso6984

Move

Reply to
Gary

Well, buy the neighbor a crystal ball as a gift then...maybe she can use it to divine that you are unhappy.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

I am SOOOOOO glad I don't have neighbors.